Facelift Virtual Cockpit Screen

sve170

Reaction score
An easy question hopefully.
When my car is sitting parked, engine not running and VC off I have noticed a ‘mark’ horizontally across the screen.
It actually looks like it has been wiped with a damp cloth? It’s certainly not myself and the wife says she has never touched the screen, in all honesty there is no reason anyone needs to touch or wipe it.
So before I attempt to try and clean the screen has anyone had to wipe or clean it?

Is the screen glass, plastic I have no idea as have never touched it.

One other thing, when the car is running the horizontal mark on the VC cannot be seen and the screen is very clear, as it should be.
It’s annoying when screen is off with the mark visible, looks terrible.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you post an image of the mark? Surface / window cleaner should do the job.

Reactions: sve170
Could you post an image of the mark? Surface / window cleaner should do the job.

I thought so, was just looking for comments on the forum.
Luckily it is not a scratch or anything like that, definetely looks like a damp cloth rubbed across it, and left to dry.

I thought so, was just looking for comments on the forum.
Luckily it is not a scratch or anything like that, definetely looks like a damp cloth rubbed across it, and left to dry.

Yeah, potentially could just be a grease mark or similar. Window cleaner should do it, just a dab of alcohol if needs be.

If you have baby wipes they might do it if it's not a grease mark too

Do not use window cleaner, many use ammonia and strong chemicals....use LCD cleaner on a microfibre cloth.

Reactions: sgtvic, Kondax and sve170
Do not use window cleaner, many use ammonia and strong chemicals....use LCD cleaner on a microfibre cloth.
If it's got a glass cover then window cleaner should be fine. I use it on standard displays anyhow and haven't had issues, but better to be safe than sorry.