Vibration on braking when some heat in the brakes

Goubo1

Reaction score
Had the car out over the weekend and noticed when there is a bit of heat in the brakes I get a fair bit of vibration coming through the steering wheel

Brake set up is 18z calipers mtec 2 piece discs with stock textar pads and hel lines

From memory the discs haven’t had much heavy use where they would have possibly been warped

There was once when I was away at work the car was sat for over a month and when I went to use it the pads were stuck on rather hard took some effort to free them off and with a loud bang could this have caused anything??
My mate suggested getting the discs off and check for corrosion between the hub and bell of the disc.Anyone else got any ideas ??

Might be worth checking the disc is tight if it’s 2 piece discs

Had the car out over the weekend and noticed when there is a bit of heat in the brakes I get a fair bit of vibration coming through the steering wheel

Brake set up is 18z calipers mtec 2 piece discs with stock textar pads and hel lines

From memory the discs haven’t had much heavy use where they would have possibly been warped

There was once when I was away at work the car was sat for over a month and when I went to use it the pads were stuck on rather hard took some effort to free them off and with a loud bang could this have caused anything??
My mate suggested getting the discs off and check for corrosion between the hub and bell of the disc.Anyone else got any ideas ??

Sounds like your discs have warped.

Might be worth getting them checked like in this video, at least that’ll eliminate that possibility mate

Check torque of wheel bolts and bell bolts... worth rechecking regardless of them being fitted correctly before

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Goubo1