Bluetooth Media Problem After Upgrading MIB 2

pronati

Reaction score
Hi Hello
The vehicle is AUDI S3 8V 2014.
I upgraded my multimedia to MIB 2
And the B & O speakers. (Including amplifier and subwoofer)

I have 2 problems that I think are related to the encoding of multimedia
Problem 1.
If I am connected using my IPHONE 8 PLUS to the Bluetooth multimedia system, I am running WAZE.
The WAZE does not speak.
If I put music in the background through the Bluetooth like YOUTUBE the WAZE only speaks when the music runs in the background.
After the song ends, WAZE stops talking and I have to be always with music through YOUTUBE running to hear the WAZE talking
I checked it with an ANDROID device that works great with WAZE when music also does not run in the background through the Bluetooth
What's the problem with IPHONE? Where do I need to define this so that it will pass well?
On MIB 1 it worked great with my IPHONE 8 PLUS without a problem.

Problem 2.
When I put music on Youtube through the Bluetooth both through IPHONE and through ANDROID
I hear a lot of background noise and the high sound quality is bad.
When I put music through the radio and the highest power I hear the sound is very clean and smooth with no problem.
The problem is not the B & O speakers.
Because I hear the sound very sharp and clear through the radio.
And the problem is only music through the Bluetooth.
Can anyone help me solve this?

Hi,

Apologies, I do not have a solution, but thought I would chime in with what sounds like a similar Bluetooth sound quality issues.

Music played either off the hard drive, off an SD card, or from the radio is beautifully clear. Play music over Bluetooth - particularly from Spotify and I suffer horrible crackling on higher frequencies.

Even with Spotify set to highest music quality, the sound on many songs is dreadful.

I am sure I read on here that this was down to the compression methods of Spotify and then the compression of Bluetooth transmission resulting in artifacts. I do not get this on bluetooth headphones, or indeed in my Partner's car (BMW), and so I am disappointed to have spent so much on premium equipment in the S3 to suffer from it.

As per OP, if anyone knows if this was fixed through software or bu other means, I would also be grateful to hear of it.

I am also running PFL S3 8V 2014 however with factory fitted B&O.

Hi,

Apologies, I do not have a solution, but thought I would chime in with what sounds like a similar Bluetooth sound quality issues.

Music played either off the hard drive, off an SD card, or from the radio is beautifully clear. Play music over Bluetooth - particularly from Spotify and I suffer horrible crackling on higher frequencies.

Even with Spotify set to highest music quality, the sound on many songs is dreadful.

I am sure I read on here that this was down to the compression methods of Spotify and then the compression of Bluetooth transmission resulting in artifacts. I do not get this on bluetooth headphones, or indeed in my Partner's car (BMW), and so I am disappointed to have spent so much on premium equipment in the S3 to suffer from it.

As per OP, if anyone knows if this was fixed through software or bu other means, I would also be grateful to hear of it.

I am also running PFL S3 8V 2014 however with factory fitted B&O.

I understand that this is also a problem for you?
Do you have IPHONE or ANDROID?
Do you also suffer from problem number 2 with me or not?
Problem 2.
When I put music on Youtube through the Bluetooth both through IPHONE and through ANDROID
I hear a lot of background noise and the high sound quality is bad.
When I put music through the radio and the highest power I hear the sound is very clean and smooth with no problem.
The problem is not the B & O speakers.
Because I hear the sound very sharp and clear through the radio.
And the problem is only music through the Bluetooth.
Can anyone help me solve this?

Yes, I suffer with your Problem 2.

I am running Android but have tested on iPhone and problem is still there (albeit perhaps slightly better?).

Yes, I suffer with your Problem 2.

I am running Android but have tested on iPhone and problem is still there (albeit perhaps slightly better?).

I understood.
Your vehicle came with B & O from the factory right?
Do you upgrade multimedia from MIB 1 to MIB 2?
Did you have the same MIB 1 when you had the same problem?
Have you tried to find a solution? Maybe a licensed AUDI? What answer did you get?

Yes, B&O from factory.

I believe it is MIB 1 (Sim card slot, single USB slot and MMI cable port in centre console).

I am newish to the car, it is out of warranty so not approached Audi to advise.

(Note, I implicitly stated I did not have a solution. I am just adding my observations in case it rings true with anyone else).

Not sure of your issue here but I know Audi are saying they are having issues with Iphone 8 and Iphone X and it's not currently supported although I'm sure lots of people are using Iphone 8's and X's but that's what I was told

Sorry not overly useful to your issue but thought I would mention it

Not sure of your issue here but I know Audi are saying they are having issues with Iphone 8 and Iphone X and it's not currently supported although I'm sure lots of people are using Iphone 8's and X's but that's what I was told

Sorry not overly useful to your issue but thought I would mention it

And what about the problem of noise from the speakers?
The sound sounds very bad with Bluetooth also with ANDORID

And what about the problem of noise from the speakers?
The sound sounds very bad with Bluetooth also with ANDORID

Not sure about that I'm afraid - It may be a dealer question which will cost you

I have read other threads about the B&O system getting a crackling sound while using bluetooth. Unfortunately, mine does this as well. There is no known fix.

My audio does sound much better when using an SD card or the AMI cable to an ipod.

Reactions: oli356