Anyone offer advice on 3.0tdi purchse

j033y

Reaction score
Hey all

Been many years since I last posted. I have currently got a 2014 Golf GTD. Love the car to bits. I require more space due to the hopeful arrival of sprog number two.

I have always wanted an A4. And love this era A4. I do about 18,000 miles a year so looking at diesels.

This car below has caught my attention:

https://www.lloydmotorgroup.com/Use...-TDI-Quattro-Black-Edition-5dr-S-Tronic/16765

I wonder if anyone knows the car or anything about the 3.0. My main worry is the S Tronic. Heard so many horror stories and can cost the car again to fix!!

All help appreciated. Guess I am just after reassurance and advice etc. It’s a lot of pennies to spend.

Reactions: briceportier
Nice ride!!!
Only you guys in the UK get this kind of prices for such a fully loaded ride

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely looking car. Nice low mileage.

Mine is quite a bit older (2009) but I've had it about 6 years. Bought it with 30k now just about to hit 100k.

The engine is fantastic and yours will be a newer generation than mine but there aren't really any problems with them so long as they are maintained correctly. The only engine work I have had to do is replace a swirl flap rod (common fault with the 3.0 tdi).

In terms of the rest of the car, I have had a few faults. Had an issue with the parking sensors not working. Had to replace the front parking loom. I've had 3 of the 4 door locks fail and need replacing (common with my car, not sure about newer cars). I've had a wheel bearing replaced and think I've got another one on its way out.
All of these faults I have repaired myself because they're easy enough except for the bearing.

I'd imagine most of these faults would have been ironed out by the 2014 model.

Mine is a manual and I've had no problems at all (it has a very heavy duty setup for a manual car) so I cant comment on the auto but I'm sure other users will follow to share their experiences.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…