Convertible owners - help!

Quattro_

Reaction score
Hi

I’m now on my second S5 Cabriolet. On my first one I was very happy with the refinement from the roof. However on this one, there is a Velcro-like/fluttery sound from the roof above the driver’s head. I’m not happy with it and Audi Tech have allegedly said it’s ‘normal’ but won’t tell me what causes it and they haven’t compared it to another identical vehicle despite one day in the demo fleet!

Has anybody else had any concerns with this type of noise? It’s really annoying!

Many thanks.

I have the B9 S5 Sportback so the issue is not relevant to me BUT I would comment that the noise you experience is not acceptable and should be remedied by Audi. I have had a few convertables in my time (mostly MB) and never had such an issue. Some dealers are famous for the fob off approach so you have to be persistant, even if you have to contact Audi UK direct.

Thanks. I’ve escalated to Audi UK and they have said they cannot override a dealer’s comments and that’s final! I’ve asked them to point me to a bulletin which states this and they haven’t produced it....

Go to another dealer, they are not all created equal.

As mentioned, you need to be persistent .Threatening legal action in writing to Audi UK works most of the time. Like the other OP said though, try another main dealer first.

No sounds from mine .

Keep complaining .

Thanks all! I know it’s not right. The dealer just thinks I’m stupid evidently.

Like the rattles that ‘weren’t there’ until I asked for a road test with the technician and had videos. Such a joke!

I have a S5 cab, no fluttering noise at all, bit of creaking on the door rubbers on rough surfaces.

A5 cab - no sound, although I have started to get a wind whistle from the seal where the driver front window meets the back one, easily fixed by pressing on the glass at the seal. Also as tonye60 says, creaking on the rubbers on rough ground.

Definitely keep complaining. I had a roof electrical problem remedied by my dealer which was due to factory overtightening some of the mechanism - all sorted under warranty. Some dealers are happy to help, others I think can't be bothered with the paperwork for warranty claims.