Audi S4 Extended Warranty Question

WarwickBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I understand that all new S4s (and A4s) some with a standard 3-year warranty covering up to 60,000 miles, and that when new the following options can be applied.

1) 4 year warranty (£385) which covers you for up to 4 years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes sooner
2) 5 year warranty (£905) which covers you for up to 5 years or 90,000 miles whichever comes sooner

Furthermore I understand that "the warranty is not affected by change of ownership" but that the extended warranty option can only be taken out when new.

Assuming the extended warranty does continue to apply to second (and subsequent) owners:

1. Looking at approved used S4s (both on the Audi site ) I'm not seeing any mention of extended warranties in the "Optional Equipment" section. Where is this mentioned in the car details (have I missed it)?
2. For non-Audi dealer approved cars, how do I check on the warranty period?

Any advice on this would be appreciate, as think this extended warranty is important to me (especially if going for a 4 year PCP).

Thank you in advance,

WarwickBoy

I guess if a cars in the used section within 2 years of new then the previous owner wouldn't of bothered with an extended warranty. There could also be lots of demo cars too.

True, probably most on sale within 3 years of being new don't have extended warranties, but surely some unexpected sales come about where circumstances led to change of plan (i.e. early sale). Haven't seen any where extended warranty is mentioned.

i've tried checking my car on here https://insurewithaudi.co.uk/extended-warranty however as its less than 3 years old still covered by the original 3 year warrnty.
I did call them last week they advised as i am not the original owner i wont get a reminder, i would have to go back on this site a month before the 3 year warranty expires?