S3 AMK blue smoke on start up

Šubler

Reaction score
Hi,

im having this problem with smoking on startup, the longer the car is not driven the more smoke come out of exhaust. the amount of smoke is big, but its like one big blow of smoke and thats it. then there is no sign of smoke if i rev it or let it idle.

The oil level is not droping that much that would be noticeble.

Maybe valve steam seals? Turbo is pretty new (borg warner), under 3k killometers....

Sry for my english, and thnx for help boyz!

I had similar issues, spent almost a year replacing parts and guessing but never cured it.
Replaced turbo, Ripped out the pcv system but didn’t cure it.
Either open up the engine or do what I did and got a used engine of eBay.
I spent weeks looking for a good engine from a trusted source and touch wood all has been good since.
My first guess would be valve stem seals I’m afraid

I'm in similar situation with mine. I started noticing heavy fast whitish smoke over the winter more than usual. Eventually clears after warmed up but then when pulled over & leave to idle I get a puff of white mixed with blue on the first rev, then no more on further revs. Had a mate follow me and he noticed nothing on motorway or hard acceleration. Then he said there was quite a cloud of blue as I pulled slowly from traffic lights once. It's as if oil is building up somewhere then burning off. It smells of oil as well. It's off road now (sorn) until November so will have to get it checked then & will decide what to do. I wondered if it's the turbo as on 98k miles & been mapped over last couple years. Last thing I want is a garage to guess the problem, change this, then that, and the bill keeps mounting up replacing things that don't need replacing.