2.0TDI NOT STARTING ALSO NO TROUBLE CODES SHOWING !

M A

Reaction score
hi everyone !

I have a 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0Tdi Avant that broke down on me a couple months back

I have since replaced the Fuel Pump as I couldn't hear the old one whir/prime

The fuses are fine

Once I installed the fuel pump it started perfectly and ran up to temp with no issues so I turned it off the I came back to my workshop the following day and it wouldn't start at all.

It starts and runs when brake cleaner is used but without it it just turns over and dosent want to start at all

I haven't got the time to investigate any further as I am a mechanic and have a lot of work on also have 2 personal car projects that take up all my time !

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Car is a 2005 2.0TDI BLB CVT AUTOMATIC With Just Over 200k Miles
Many thanks.

Does it stay running or does it conk out once the easy start spray method is used up as such.

Thanks for the reply

It stays running until I turn it off... well it used to

Tried doing this same method about 5 minuets ago and it runs lumpy for about 3 seconds and dies.

If it doesn't continue to run then I'd be looking at fuel supply further, as in past the pump, if you've checked fuel is coming out of the pump that is.

Fuel is pumping as it should now and I've also had the tandem pump out and that is fine I'm abit stumped as fuel is coming out the filter when ignition is on same when it cranks.