Dash problems..

warren9022

Reaction score

Started the car after work today and it immediately cut out. Restarted fine but with no DIS, dim display on the heating controls, radio cutting out intermittently and the ABS and traction lights coming on every minute or so followed by a complete loss of clocks (see video). Without the engine running but with the ignition on the same thing happens and I can hear a sort of clicking from behind the dash.

Anybody experienced anything like this?

It was fine on the way to work this morning, I know I need to scan it but there’s no way I can get it done til the weekend.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brand new battery but alternator did cross my mind, are the symptoms I’ve mentioned in line with a dead alternator?

Sounds it, me mine was like you said jumped it and it was fine but my battery was dead but alternator be same

Anyone know if I need a 70, 90 or 120 Amp alternator?! What a minefield :tearsofjoy:

Try using some jump leads 1st and see if goes back to normal

If you use a discount code from gsf you will get it cheap plus 60-80 for your old one on exchange

Try using some jump leads 1st and see if goes back to normal

If you use a discount code from gsf you will get it cheap plus 60-80 for your old one on exchange

Cheers mate, I’ll investigate further over the weekend and get it scanned.

Just a lot of old cars with original alternators... :tearsofjoy:

Does anyone know what Amp to go for if it is the alternator?!

Cheers mate, I’ll investigate further over the weekend and get it scanned.

Just a lot of old cars with original alternators... :tearsofjoy:

Does anyone know what Amp to go for if it is the alternator?!

Get to the 120 Amp version.