squeeks and knocks

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

a few questions, i done a search bout found nothing specific.

1. my clutch pedel squeeks like an old gate everytime i dip it, is it just a matter of greasing... if so where abouts?

2. 1st-2nd gear often crunches unless i plant my foot through the footwell. is this normal - no other gears do it.

3. sometimes when going round a left bend on a bumpy road or at speed there is a knock from the front drivers side wheel area, its just one nock. sometimes it does it when going from reverse to 1st. but more often than not just on a left hand bend (i guess when most of the weight is pushed to that wheel. any ideas?

thanks

Alex:hi:

mordz said:
1. my clutch pedel squeeks like an old gate everytime i dip it, is it just a matter of greasing... if so where abouts?

I fitted a new clutch pedel switch and I can now hear mine squeak when I press the pedel.

mordz said:
2. 1st-2nd gear often crunches unless i plant my foot through the footwell. is this normal - no other gears do it.

Have you tried to move your seat a notch forwards?

mordz said:
3. sometimes when going round a left bend on a bumpy road or at speed there is a knock from the front drivers side wheel area, its just one nock. sometimes it does it when going from reverse to 1st. but more often than not just on a left hand bend (i guess when most of the weight is pushed to that wheel. any ideas?

Sounds something like what I have!

Will it make the noise if you sit and turn the wheel left & right?

Mine is back in with Audi tomorrow.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29826

not a new pedel, its just started doing it.

hehe, i like my recaro armchair where it is thanks. besides it only does it 1st to 2nd, no other grears

ill try the turning left to right bit i not noticed it b4

update,

The knock now happens under heavy breaking and on minor bumps occasionaly (i i must stress ist a single nock - for eg if i heavy break i here a nock, to get it to nock again i have to accelerate before.)

there is quite a bit of play on my clucth pedal, i.e wabbles left to right.. does it need tightening? can i do it? may be the cause of the squeek

Had my car on a ramp at the local garrage, they cant find any ARB issues or where the nock is comming from.

i cant replicate it 100% of the time unless i do a small rounderbout at speed. Left, right than hard back to left - one nock from drivers wheel as if something has moved.

shaking the wheel while jacked up doesnt do a thing.

So is it only when you're turning the wheel?

Checked the steering column? - also have a look at your spring, although it doesnt sound like either to be honest

not always no, sometimes when im going over bumps or heavy breaking. but mainly round corners at speed seems to shift whatever is nackerd

hmm interesting, ill have a look