More BMN 170pd issues!! HELP

Gp121

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has experienced the same......

Soooo, where to start....Temperature gauge didnt work one day and i noticed the larger fan kept cutting in and out constantly whenever i would drive the car. Read diagnostics it came up with coolant temp sensor, replaced one near gearbox with genuine new one. Nothing changed. Code still present with coolant light on dash. (It doesnt need coolant) car also gets up to temperature as shown on the diagnostics. (How does it read it on the diagnostics but the car cant?) Also the engine management light was on at this point.

Next...
Driving along and the car goes into limp mode, its done this a few times i just pull over switch it off and off i go. Not this time! Tried it a few times. Nothing. Dpf light came on dash along with flashing glow plug. That was a slow drive home! So the car is now like skegness seafront on the dash.

This was good news just before a holiday! Left it with a friend who has a garage whilst on holiday. One of his guys found some wiring behind the battery to have water ingress and was just held on by the insulation. He repaired this but it made no difference. He said he couldnt spend anymore time on the car as he has other jobs to do. He recommends chasing the wiring back to see if anymore need a repair.

So is this all linked to a wiring issue. Is the dpf blocked. Are they seperate issues. Where to go from here!?

Here are the current codes
IMG 1364

The scan it saying on its own:
G63 getting always +12V
one of fans is on last legs / shorted to ground
DPF need clean-up

so for fan I will suggest to check it, the sensor is on thermostat (there are 2 of them, 1 is on thermostat and 1 on near gearbox), dpf need regenerating or burning soot up or replacing with straight pipe + remap.

Reactions: aqibi2000