Every single warning light just popped up in one go?

Jlawson118

Reaction score
Not sure what's just happened but it's worried me a little bit.

2L TDI A3 (2017) set off to work at 3am this morning to find I couldn't get away from the bottom of my street due to the snow. I left it at the bottom and didn't go into work.

Just tried to get it out now and it was getting stuck at the same point. I put the car in Dynamic just to give it that bit more get up and go, turned ESC off was just revving but my tyres weren't gripping, and a guy was helping to push it up the hill. And then out of nowhere my revs just went to the highest point, the car started moving but then I got a brake failure warning, tyre pressure, steering warning, the lot.

I pulled in, my electronic handbrake wouldn't go on. So I switched my engine off and back on it came back on fine, tyre pressure stayed on but all the other lights were gone. And then I got home, the tyre pressure light was gone.

I've not got a clue what that was all about. As much as the warning lights worried me, I can't understand why the car never revvs over a certain amount, but then just then out of nowhere it did?

The abs module was just kicking off. If just your TPMS light is on now, confirm your pressures are to spec and reset. If faults persist, before worrying, have the abs module scanned and faults cleared. That’ll likely do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jlawson118
The abs module was just kicking off. If just your TPMS light is on now, confirm your pressures are to spec and reset. If faults persist, before worrying, have the abs module scanned and faults cleared. That’ll likely do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pressures are fine, contacted my local service centre and they sent recovery out, he just confirmed with my wheels spinning so much, they just overheated and made the sensors kick off

Wow you must have really been spinning the wheel for some time to get the temps ups that much (on ice/snow) for the sensors to kick in! Good effort!

I thought the best tactic was to put in a high gear, and try your best to not spin the wheels?!

Had fun myself over the last couple of days but no issues with 4wd which has been great.!!

Reactions: Jlawson118
Wow you must have really been spinning the wheel for some time to get the temps ups that much (on ice/snow) for the sensors to kick in! Good effort!

I thought the best tactic was to put in a high gear, and try your best to not spin the wheels?!

Had fun myself over the last couple of days but no issues with 4wd which has been great.!!

Yep, I gave it a good go! :tearsofjoy: I was more embarrassed though, smaller and less powerful cars were getting through without a glitch and my 2.0 TDI was just sticking in the same spot! Yet it drove in any other part of the snow absolutely fine, it was just one particular bit. Tried setting off in first, then jumping to second, even tried starting straight off in second, just wasn't having it! Anyway the main thing is I got it home safely. I'll try again and try go back to work for 3/4am again in the morning :flushed:

you need to just bring In the gear and not rev it the tyres will get better traction my car is off the road atm. so driving my dad's b6 cab 1.8t no problems once you start moving low revs higher gear just be gentle on the pedals you don't wanna rev the nuts off it and put a rod through the block

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk