Sill trim removal ??

Reaction score
I was looking at some sill trims today on a face lift model and they look better than mine as they have the alloy "audi" insert. I quite fancy them but i seem to remember that they are a pig to get off in one piece. Any idea's,oh and do the saloon ones fit the avant ???

They are stuck on with 3m type tape,so heat and a wide scraper would be the easiest, and dont force as they have a habit of splitting on the angles

Managed to get them off in one piece,they definatly dont want to come off in a hurry !!. Ive gone for the facelift ones as they look a bit better with the chrome audi logo's on them. I also picked up the battery/scuttle cover as well which make the engine compartment look a lot smarter !!!

Hi i'm interested in gettin some too, coul dyou p;ost some pics to see what your results are like?

951 - Can you please post up the part number for the battery/scuttle cover i couldnt find it in ETKA.

Beerzo said:
951 - Can you please post up the part number for the battery/scuttle cover i couldnt find it in ETKA.

Ditto i trawled through etka too, always seem to be missing when you see a facelift in the scrappies too

I will check the car and look for the part number.to fit the battery cover you also need to change the windscreen trim as well (the part in 2 bits that covers the wiper motor). i will post up some pics when there fitted but they are going to get painted with the rest of the parts first.