How much did you pay for your A4 1.8T?

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
I Bought My 1.8T Sport in Preston Car sales 2 years ago, it had no MOT and it had 2 owners prior, S Reg. 68k on the clock, full leather, sunroof electrics etc, but no climate control *sigh* and it was very clean. Only missed 1 service year which would of made it full audi service history.

£3200 cash with no MOT, this was over 2 years ago. Got it back to Carlisle, only thing it needed for MOT, You wouldnt guess it, but a windscreen wiper blade:icon_thumright: .

Since then its only needed 2 rear shocks which I had replaced before the new year and heard that this isnt unusual for a A4 of its age.

Bargain I reckon, anyone else bought a bargain priced 1.8T?

I bought my 1 Owner W reg 2000 1.8TQ 60k Fully loaded Stolen Recovered 2 years ago for 5k. It needed trim and one arch with a fist dent repair and thought I got a good deal then plus it was good for my project.

Got my 1 owner 75k W-reg 1.8T quattro sport avant last July for £4500 + px'd a leggy L-reg Passat VR6 with R32 reps...:bye:

Unfortunately that 1 owner had treated the A4 bad - awful paint, corroded boleros, scratched and dented alloy dash trim and sludged up engine! :blownose:

Still, it's all the more satisfying to bring her back to her former glory and beyond! :kissmyrings:

Got my 2001, 1.8T Sport in Jan and paid £7k from a used dealer. had done 37k miles, climate control, 6 disk, xeons, all the other electric type options and in great condition.

I paid £5.5k for mine from my mate, he swapped Raymie his scoobie for the car an I bought it from him, but its fully loaded, with leather and the like. Had done just under 100K when I got it.

seen this one on piston heads low mileage with half leather
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/144001.htm if you like yellow:arco:
DESCRIPTION

Immaculate and very rare Special Order A4 1.8T Quattro Sport with low mileage (42,000), high trim specification in ultra rare Brilliant Yellow. Meticulously owned and serviced by a VW/Audi enthusiast and maintained regardless of cost, professionally chipped to 220 BHP. If you know exactly what this model is, then you will know the specification is very close to that of an S4 but without the Bi-Turbo V6 (probably one of Audi's best kept secrets if you are looking for a performance A4 at a lower cost than an S4/RS4). It uses the highly tuneable 1.8T engine as fitted in the TT 180 BHP. The Quattro Sport was a special order model designed by Quattro GMBH based on the 1.8T Sport, but featured a substantial list of additional features making it the most sporting and desirable of all A4s short of the S4 & RS4.

i paid 3k for my 1996, its imaculate with 48k on the clock full audi history receipts for everything and i mean everything even wiperblades

1998 "S" 84000 miles, full audi service history, 1 owner who delayed the 80,000 mile service and resulted in snapped cambelt.

car has climate is a 1.8T sport, very good condition, £500!!!!!! last July.

engine fully rebuilt with a £3000 TES Power plus engine, (low compression pistions, arrow h-section rods etc etc)

so car now owes me about £4000, but is a very good basis for a high bhp motor.

downside is it isn't a quattro which i really would have liked.

I'm not telling, mine is for sale now! LOL

Joking, paid just under £5000 for mine in Oct 05, it needed new tyres, new discs & pads and some silly little bits. On the plus side, it had 109k with full Audi History, was non-smoked in (still is) and was already Revo tuned.
I have since lavished a fair bit on it, mainly invisible tuning parts like the air filter, Bailey DV30 and a Milltek system inc de-cat.
I wish I had a magic wand to make her an Avant now though!

Paid 3,800 for mine, 18months ago!
92k on the clock. FSH (lots Audi).
Had a broken rear lens, missing front grill, which I got the dealer to sort before I purchased. Included 3months warranty.
Wish I had Quattro now though! But love the Avant

Just paid 5k for mine 2000W 180BHP 62K FASH

Cambelt done @ 61K and new discs/pads/tires all round!

I bought my 98 R reg a month ago for £1700 with 92,000 on the clock and full audi service history whcih i thought was a bargain:icon_thumright:

v reg 99 plate 1.8tqs 66k, full MOT, new cam belt, discs and pads all round £6.2k about 2 years ago....looks like its worth about £3k now!!

Bought my 1.8T quattro sport 8 months ago for £6,995. X reg 2001 plate in black with 62k and 2 owners. Got the cam belt replaced and all the alloys professionally refurbished in the price. In very good condition all round, just a few stone chips on the bonnet. Most pobably worth about £4.5k now!