2004 2ltr fsi petrol engine

harley141213

Reaction score
Still trying to find out which is the best engine option to go for. I've seen one off these listed, supposed to be 150bhp.

Anyone got experience of this engine. ? Is it any good? Any issues.? Would it respond well to a remap?

Normal aspiration and direct fuel injection, suffers from carbon build up in the inlet manifold and inlet valves. 150 hp is correct, I wouldn't expect much from a remap with it being N/A engine.

There's a few owners on this link giving their impressions of the 2.0fsi.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18282

Last edited:
The wifes golf has this with 120k.Serviced it when we got it 18 months and 6k ago and not needed any oil since still nearly full.Goes well and reliable

Thats good to know. Theres one im interested in with 106k up it with full dealer history snd just had a service. Belt and water pump has been done. My journeys are sll short so im guessing ill be getting 28-30mpg at best. Only looking at b6 as dont like the b7, back end is hideous imo. Trying to avoid diesel, i know they good on fuel but sound agricultural to me. Id love another 190 quattro s line but finding a nice one a bit hard to come by. The boost is nice, but where can you get your toe down nowerdays?

The 2.0 non turbo seems fine.I have had the 1.8T and my son runs anS3 and a 1.8TT and they use oil and have pick up pipe problems.Still good performers though.I also have a 2.5tdi Q which is great engine but a different drive altogether.Cruising that you wouldnt know its a diesel.My choice is the B6 Avant although we are on the look out for a B8 S4 Avant with the 3.0 V6