Hello and help!

Jay72

Reaction score
Hello all,
My first thread and I’m posting a query and in need of some advice regarding my Audi..

I have an Audi A3 S Line 2.0 TDI with DSG on a 2006 plate, with 70k miles.

It went into limp mode two weeks ago so I did a quick search on google and it threw up loads of differing information on possible causes..being non mechanically minded I was totally baffled and really don’t want my pants pulled down by a mechanic in a garage for parts that are not necessarily needed to fix the problem..
I have also noticed a whistling / siren sound when accelerating, once the key is removed from the ignition it’s back to normal albeit the whistling / siren noise is still present.

I had a mobile carbon cleaner carry out a carbon clean a few days after it went into limp mode hoping that having this done would cure the limp mode.. however yesterday it went back into limp mode. So now I’m totally lost.

To recap - car goes into limp mode but resets after key is removed from ignition and runs ok.
Whistling / siren noise when accelerating.
No warning lights on dash.
When carbon cleaner carried out a diagnostic check it didn’t show any faults on the computer.
It had a carbon clean last week but went into limp mode yesterday.
Car is going for a service tomorrow so if anyone has any pointers / area to check that I can pass onto mechanic would be great.
Jase.