Android auto issue

france71

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I had Android Auto working on my MMI but then I uninstalled the app as I wasn't mad keen on the interface. I never really tried it out before uninstalling it. Recently I thought I would give it another go and now find that the Android Auto is not appearing in the MMI.

I am using the latest app and it was working fine on my Samsung S8 before with a quality cable to the USB slot. In the Android app it shows no car added to the app.

The App powers up on the phone when paired to the car but it doesn't show up in MMI

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling again. I have also tried an MMI reset (pushing the nav/radio/big control wheel button all at the same time) but it is still not appearing in the MMI.

Any ideas why I can no longer get the app showing up in MMI?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to see the Android Auto in the MMI that is the issue or is it hiding somewhere else? I thought it was in the root menu?

Thanks. Yes I had seen the video before. My car does not prompt me to activate Android Auto. I think this is where the problem is.

Maybe I need to do a fuller reset?

Perhaps. I'm sure you're already doing it but have you started the engine before you do any of this. That was one step I forgot to do initially.

Perhaps. I'm sure you're already doing it but have you started the engine before you do any of this. That was one step I forgot to do initially.
Thanks for the reply.

I thought the engine had to be off but the electrics had to be on? Either way Android Auto is not appearing in the MMI menu.

Is it worth me doing the full MMI reset?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I believe I tried it first with the electrics on and it didn't work and then I got it working by starting the engine, after which it sorted out the connection to the phone's android auto. The instructions do note, I believe, starting the engine first.

Finally go the Android App working in MMI by deleting the phone from the MMI. I then added it again and tried it with the engine on then off.

Although I have the Google Earth navigation in MMI I would still like to be able to see a satellite image in the Android app. I know how to switch on and off the layers in Google Maps but trying to get to the menu that is on the top LHS of the Android Auto Navigation menu seems to be difficult to access?