My 2002 S3

davsin

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions about my S3.

I have a black leather Recaro interior and there are wires under the seats connecting them to a loom, would the seats come with the heated elements and wiring and would the connections be behind the air con unit.

The reason I am asking is that I am spending some cash on the car to tidy it up and bits inside like around the headlamp switch and the air con unit are worn.

I also need some guidance with exhaust systems, Ideally turbo back 3 inch system, sports cat? no cat?, how do I get by the lambda sensor error code, bearing in mind that I will be looking for a stage 1 or 2 power increase would a remap cancel the error code?

I am looking for comments on what people have found works for suspension and bigger brake conversions.

I have already had to reattach the door blades as the runners and plastics are corroded and broken, so looking for part numbers or suggestions on how to repair tidily.

Car is showing its age in that there is small amount of bubbling on the Drivers front arch, on the passenger door at the door blade and the car has stone chips on the bumpers/bonnet, should I go for a full respray or just the panels, it is a bright silver. I had a front wing replaced last year and it was a perfect colour match on a 15 year old car.

Any help with this would be great or if you can point me in the direction of threads that I can read and follow up.

I will get some pictures up shortly.

Thanks

David

Attachments

• DSC_0075_1.JPG
    DSC_0075_1.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0076_1.JPG
    DSC_0076_1.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0074.JPG
    DSC_0074.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0073_1.JPG
    DSC_0073_1.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0072_1.JPG
    DSC_0072_1.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0071_1.JPG
    DSC_0071_1.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0070_1.JPG
    DSC_0070_1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0069_1.JPG
    DSC_0069_1.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0068_1.JPG
    DSC_0068_1.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
The wires for the seats would be for the airbags if they are not heated seats. The seats won’t have the elements or the connection behind the hvac controls unless it left the factory with heated seats.

Leon cupra r brembos are a easy fit and the most common brake upgrade and is plenty for fast road use

3”down pipe people go for eBay ones or pipewerks decay or sports cat and miltek (2.75”)or a custom 3” exhaust, lamba can be coded out on remapping

Reactions: davsin
The wires for the seats would be for the airbags if they are not heated seats. The seats won’t have the elements or the connection behind the hvac controls unless it left the factory with heated seats.

Leon cupra r brembos are a easy fit and the most common brake upgrade and is plenty for fast road use

3”down pipe people go for eBay ones or pipewerks decay or sports cat and miltek (2.75”)or a custom 3” exhaust, lamba can be coded out on remapping

Thanks, I was unsure about the wiring as it has been suggested by a friend that if i replace the air con unit to get one with the seat switches on the panel, glad it is cleared up.

No you can buy the looms but would also need to swap your seats and sircon unit

Reactions: davsin