Honeycomb fog light grills, where to buy?

Russboy

Reaction score
Never considered them before but having seen an ad on ebay for a front bumper:

s-l1600.jpg

I like them. Plus if I can get some I can dechrome at the same time.

Any ideas where I can get them from? Passenger side has to allow air flow and a lot of the ones from China don't seem to allow for that.

Cheers,

Russ

Reactions: xpoweruk
I've been searching for these for a long time, nobody seems to sell them to fit the s-line bumper. There are quite a few guides online on how to make them though. I'll get around to making myself a set at some point.

The pictured ones do look exactly like the ones people have been making for themselves

Yeah I spoke with the seller, he said he made them.

Passenger side is easy as the gaps are already there, drivers will be a bit more tricky but i'm going to give it a go. Just need to find some plastic honeycomb mesh to fit the bill. Bit of time, hairdryer, cable ties to initially hold it in place & something like araldite should do it.

@Cerbera9 You beet me to it!

I contacted them but they have no timing plan on when they will develop. This was back in November.

I don't understand why nobody has developed the honeycomb version for the face-lift B8, seems a very high demand for them on the forums.

If anyone wants to make mine for me, let me know :)

Very nice, but ouch!!!

My thoughts exactly.

They look great, especially if you have other carbon bits on the car but I don't want to pay that much for some fog surrounds.

Hopefully driving-passion can develop some soon!

Bringing this back to life as I need to get the mesh now as I cut my grill up (and my finger with the jigsaw, lol).

The link above for £20 I think that's going to be too thick and wont mold to the grills.

Doesn't seem to be a lot else out there.

Bringing this back to life as I need to get the mesh now as I cut my grill up (and my finger with the jigsaw, lol).

The link above for £20 I think that's going to be too thick and wont mold to the grills.

Doesn't seem to be a lot else out there.

Think it should be ok, did my old B7 fog surrounds without a prob. I’ve got some left for a job on a different car altogether, I’ll check how flexible it is, certainly could be warmed to mould to shape if you were careful with warm air gun.

Reactions: Russboy
Think it should be ok, did my old B7 fog surrounds without a prob. I’ve got some left for a job on a different car altogether, I’ll check how flexible it is, certainly could be warmed to mould to shape if you were careful with warm air gun.

Cool, thanks.

There's quite a lot of aluminium ones available but the honeycomb itself is like 4mm x 9mm, barely noticeable!

This caught my eye but again I think it will be too small:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACE-MES...-mm/122973127691?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Advantage of this one is if i'm careful with the cutting I shgould be able to get 6 grills done from one sheet, meaning I can do my 2 & sell the rest on :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...733766&hash=item1ea53d3783:g:wNMAAOSwTM5Y42zd

Righty, checked for flexibility..... Can quite easily bend around an approximate 200mm radius (checked on a largish bucket !! - theres a scientific measuring technique for ya ;) haha ! )

* EDIT * .......and before anyone suggests to the contrary, we are talking about the ABS honeycomb mesh, NOT parts of my, or anyone elses, anatomy !!! :blink:

Reactions: Russboy
I added this
7a48ab732c944c6e34325d06f87cf2de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol, exactly the same to hand!!

26580933168_df6db6fc29_b.jpg

I reckon if I am very careful I might be able to get 3 sets of grills cut out of this. Will do mine and if it goes well will cut out another 2 sets as tempplates for others & sell them on.

Had a lot on today so only get to spend around an hour on it.

Drivers side cut & held in place only by cable ties at this time, not worked out quite how to make it permanent yet. There is the odd small gap but I think I may be able to work some magic with black silicone which will help to hold it in place even more.

25609069597_5cacc3d44b_b.jpg

38669453810_55bc762d6f_b.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk, JRock247, gary_a4_quattro and 1 other person
Looking great so far @Russboy.

Have ordered some of the same mesh, so hoping to give this a go on the weekend.....if the girlfriend permits lol Do you think silicone alone will be enough to hold it in place?

P.S I like how you managed to get your face dead center with the tow hook cover in the 2nd pic :)

Looking great so far @Russboy.

Have ordered some of the same mesh, so hoping to give this a go on the weekend.....if the girlfriend permits lol Do you think silicone alone will be enough to hold it in place?

P.S I like how you managed to get your face dead center with the tow hook cover in the 2nd pic :)

LOl, on the pic.

Suspect silicone alone wont be enough but will cover any gaps (i'm not subtle when cutting anything!) and can help be something to bond to, rather than a big void that's already there.

I did that fog honeycomb grille mod also.
Got the mesh from eBay and cut it to size. Took it long way to the end result as cut into the grilles to achieve better look. Like it is part of the the grilles, not just attached at the back.
Will search the thread and post it up for the reference.

After I’ve done mines, been left with 2/3 of the mesh so passed it in to another member, as he wanted to do same.

Looks good @Russboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys. Are none of the mesh fog lights being sold on eBay any good? (See pic)

Cheers

J

Attachments

• Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 660
Those are fine for the non-facelift B8 but try finding a set for the B8 S-line face-lift.......you won't!

Awesome...... just gone through that link. Thank you very much.
I’m gonna give it ago myself too. Where is best for me to buy the ones I have now so I can work on them in my own time and just swap them over when ready?

Appreciate the help.

J

Attachments

• IMG_4817.jpg
    IMG_4817.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 369
Awesome...... just gone through that link. Thank you very much.
I’m gonna give it ago myself too. Where is best for me to buy the ones I have now so I can work on them in my own time and just swap them over when ready?

Appreciate the help.

J

Best bet is ebay

Thank you but still struggling to find th face lift replacement fog grilles so I can mod myself in my own time.

Reactions: RolsterA4, JRock247, gary_a4_quattro and 1 other person
Those are fine for the non-facelift B8 but try finding a set for the B8 S-line face-lift.......you won't!
I have a b8 'facelift', and I managed to find some on ebay, took me months of searching. I haven't fitted them yet, crazy price but I thought what the hell!

Are you sure you have a B8 Facelift??

Your profile pics looks like a B8.5, not the B8 facelift.

(B8 Facilfit is NOT the same as the B8.5)

Are you sure you have a B8 Facelift??

Your profile pics looks like a B8.5, not the B8 facelift.

(B8 Facilfit is NOT the same as the B8.5)
I have a 2012 (July) A4, pretty sure that's still a b8 and the facelift version. didnt the 8.5 start in 2013? ive always been a little puzzled about this...