Factory fitted trailer option.

france71

Reaction score
Has anybody got this on their B9 version ?

I ordered this option which Audi France clearly stated had trailer assistance to keep the trailer straight when reversing. Also that the trailer can be guided in reverse using the large rotary button.

On the trailer ball there should be a small ring with notches in that this is part of the system. I was able to see the notches on a Q7 model that was in for a service.

Mine does not have this and Audi France stated on their website that it was feature. I have bounced this back to Audi France stating I was misled.

The dealer has mentioned that in certain countries available features and spec can be different. That I understand of course but never the less it was well stated on their website ( in French of course) that the feature was part of the package.

In the UK owners handbook it is mentioned but in the French handbook all reference is absent!

I want them to fit the necessary parts ( different ball, wiring, software etc) so that I have the feature - awaiting their reply.

Hope to hear from someone on the forum if they have a moment?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have that factory towbar on my S4. I will have a look later today at the actual ball. Never taken the protective cap off yet so no idea what the actual ball looks like..

couple of pictures of my towbar. looks like a plain ball no rings on it. Only really got the towbar to attach a bike carrier. so never looked check what other features it came with. well apart from the rear view camera has a line on it showing where the ball is to help with reversing.

IMG 4929
IMG 4930

I have that factory towbar on my S4. I will have a look later today at the actual ball. Never taken the protective cap off yet so no idea what the actual ball looks like..
Do you also have advanced parking assist?

couple of pictures of my towbar. looks like a plain ball no rings on it. Only really got the towbar to attach a bike carrier. so never looked check what other features it came with. well apart from the rear view camera has a line on it showing where the ball is to help with reversing.

View attachment 146687 View attachment 146688
Thanks for the reply. Yes my trailer tow bar looks the same as the one you show in your photos. Do you have advanced parking as an option?

The UK handbook shows on Page 160 (I only have the electronic PDF English version what the car should be able to do with the trailer attached if the car is automatic, has a factory fitted towbar and you have the advanced park assist (the one that turns the steering wheel for you when parking - if required)

Thanks