Facelift Occasional loud bang..

Hopefully they are the current ones being fitted at the factory... could prove the reason why there is a shortage of spares currently

Mines booked in for March 3rd.
I'll make sure I bell them a good few weeks in advance to hopefully give them a heads up. In fact I think I'll email them now!

The modified exhaust that's on order for mine has apparently had a frequency modification inside to prevent flap rattle.........

They say a TTRS was done recently and sounded better for it.
Hmm, that's interesting. Might have to ask the dealer about this exhaust mod.

I was sitting behind evil diesel on a meet we went to a few weeks back (my PFL) and I can honestly say the FL exhaust note sounds great.
The only time I couldn’t hear it was when I was getting the overrun pops and bangs on mine:tearsofjoy:

Fire extinguisher at the ready FL lads :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jefecito, D0C and 2 others
The modified exhaust that's on order for mine has apparently had a frequency modification inside to prevent flap rattle.........

They say a TTRS was done recently and sounded better for it.
Wait! What!? Modified exhaust, more noise? Please tell us more in detail!

Wait! What!? Modified exhaust, more noise? Please tell us more in detail!

My late September build car has no exhaust rattle and I also think it sounds quite a bit better than the demonstrator I had. Both have sports exhaust fitted. Also seems to be getting better now with approx 1,500km on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: teslaboy
My late September build car has no exhaust rattle and I also think it sounds quite a bit better than the demonstrator I had. Both have sports exhaust fitted. Also seems to be getting better now with approx 1,500km on the clock.

I think your theory is incorrect. My car was a mid-October build and I have it, no modified part there.

I think your theory is incorrect. My car was a mid-October build and I have it, no modified part there.

Oh well. The exhaust rattle is very obvious and I noticed it straight away on the demo. My car has no rattle at all.

Reactions: AudiNutta