A1 S-line 1.4 TFSI help

ElzLewis

Reaction score
946ACF56 F1C5 4543 9938 A571DA84D70A
hello,
My girlfriend has just purchased a 2017 a1 and is wondering if the car has the ability for the lights to come on when unlocked and when locked (coming home lights I think it’s called?)
Any help would be great if it makes any difference it has the xenon headlights
Cheers

Reactions: farmerpalmer
View attachment 146475 hello,
My girlfriend has just purchased a 2017 a1 and is wondering if the car has the ability for the lights to come on when unlocked and when locked (coming home lights I think it’s called?)
Any help would be great if it makes any difference it has the xenon headlights
Cheers

In the vehicle settings accessed via the MMI there are a few things that you can change, but otherwise, you might need to get yourself the app Carista and the matching dongle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

This setting is in the MMI menu and I’m sure it’s ‘car set up’ option. There are a few other options you can set up as well such as windows down on key fob hold, driver or driver and passenger door lock when driving away. I will check later today.

I’m pretty sure you need to have the light and rain sensor pack to have the entry/exit lights.

Easiest way to tell is if you have Auto written on the headlight rotary switch.

Thanks for the help everyone it doesn’t have “auto” on the light switch but it literally has every option so thought it may come with it.. will try the settings next time we are in the car
Thanks ..

Hi,

From the A1 handbook, page 39.

Select: Function selector button ICARI > control button {Car) Systems*> Vehicle settings> Ex terior lighting.
Coming home, leaving home*
The coming home function lights up the area round the vehicle after dark when the ignition has been switched off and the driver's door opened. To activate this function, select Lights when getting out> on.
The leaving home function lights up the area round the vehicle after dark when the vehicle is unlocked. To activate this function, select Lights when unlocking> on.
The coming home and leaving home functions are operational after dark when the light switch is set to AUTO.

Very nice photo and i much prefer the 3 door. My wife had recently purchased the same car and has coming home lights etc via the MMI as already mentioned. Really nice to drive, and it does not feel like a small car. Enjoy....if you get the chance

I believe it has to have the Auto light/rain package and the 'Coming home' function will come as standard with that.
If you're one for taking matters into your own hands then it's fairly simple to add. You'll just need to swap the light switch for one with Auto on it. (Either buy one online somewhere or you could probably get one from a dealer that doesn't know what you're trying to do.) Then it's just a case of turning the correct 'bit' on in VCDS. (Either do this part yourself if you have the cable/know-how or there's plenty of people on this forum that may be able to help.)

I have done this on my better halves A1

Reactions: dts439