Android Auto and B&O/SatNav - Subwoofer problem

GavinE

Reaction score
Hi,

My car seems to be suffering a strange problem occurring whilst using Android Auto to play media, Google/Spotify and the Audi SatNav system for guidance at the same time.

If using the voice command, as soon as the Sat Nav gives a prompt, the subwoofer switches off. Turning off the stereo and then back on again resolves, until another spoken prompt is given.
If the voice prompts are turned off, then it remains active as normal. I even tried to turn the guidance voice volume to the minimum without any change.

I have tried a number of combinations, using other media, CD/SD Card or Google/Spotify via bluetooth etc and it only seems to do it when using AA.

Has anyone else noticed this or perhaps just mine?
Certainly doesn't seem right, but, can't understand what is causing it. Guess a trip to Audi is in order to get it checked out, but, surely this is software glitch?

I will try mine in the morning I had odd gremlins with android auto ...the front parking sensors wouldn't come on automatically... they started working one day

I use Google maps nav when connected to android auto normally

I will try mine in the morning I had odd gremlins with android auto ...the front parking sensors wouldn't come on automatically... they started working one day

I use Google maps nav when connected to android auto normally

Thanks - would be interesting to see if it does the same.
Only reason I tend to use the Audi SatNav is for using the route guidance on the DIS and then messages/media etc on the central screen.

Mine does the same... soon as the voice guidance comes on the sub goes off. Restarting android auto brings it back to life

Using a s7 edge on a my18 car

So one would assume a software glitch then. Pretty pointless taking it in to dealer I would guess until a new software update is released?