Have I Runied my Bearing

Sp3no82

Reaction score
I am having what feels like an absolute disaster with the suspension rebuild I am doing on my Avant, upper control arm pinch bolts and the pinch bolt for the track rod end have been frozen solid, both wheel bearings left half of the bearing on the hubs and its taken me 3.5 days to get it all stripped down and the bolts out.
To get to this point its taken angle grinders, drills, impact guns, blow torch and air chisels but thankfully though its all going back together now with all new Lemforder parts, new springs and struts and SKF bearings but I think I may have messed up.
When pushing the hub into my new SKF bearing with a 12ton press I accidentally managed to push the back of the bearing out about 8mm and expose the race inside, I quickly realised so placed the bearing on a flat surface and as the hub went in the bearing was pressed back in as it was before.
Will this be ok or have I damaged it beyond repair, it all feels fine when I spin it etc. but I'm worried it will come apart on the car or does the driveshaft bolt hold it all together?

Reactions: spartacus 68
It wont come apart as the driveshaft and hub bolt together as you correctly asked. If it spins smoothly you may have got away with it but the only way you will know is to fit it and run it to see if its noisy.