New A3 2.0T FSI bluefin v2

rich1068

Reaction score
Right then. Here is all you need to know about the new Audi A3 2.0T FSI bluefin map from Superchips.

I've joined in quite a few threads on more than one site and used other usernames so I apologise in advance if you read this somewhere else.

I got bluefin through the uk-mkivs group buy a few weeks ago and straight away I was impressed with it's performance and the 'OEM' like power delivery. It's also a really nice piece of kit. (See Milkfloat's review here http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/778461.aspx ) So I popped down to the uk-mkivs/Superchips Open Day in January and the car went on the rollers. I thought the car drove perfectly but as it turned out Jamie at Superchips wasn't too happy with how the power seemed to flatten out around 5.5k revs and thought this could be improved on. A couple of other A3 owners had also mentioned a slight misfire in the same rev range so Jamie said they would go to work sorting this out. Apart from anything else the GTIs were getting about 10 bhp more on the day so obviously something had to be done.

After reading MattS's post on Audi-Sport ( http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=35321 ) I got back in touch with Jamie and he sent me the new bluefin installation software and the A3 2.0T FSI v.2 map. Straight away I thought the engine seemed a little more 'torquey' and free revving but it really needed to be back on the dyno to see if the original map had been improved on. So I offered to pop down and here are the facts and figures from today.

For those who like numbers...

Audi 'stock' figures 196bhp @ 6142rpm / 201lb/ft @ 2674rpm (I think!)
My 'stock' figures 202bhp @ 5801rpm / 195lb/ft @ 3589rpm
bluefin v.1 figures 232bhp @ 6024rpm / 242lb/ft @ 3498rpm
bluefin v.2 figures 240bhp @ 6106rpm / 258lb/ft @ 3272rpm

Never mind all that. Here are some graphs...

This is my 'stock' graph and the v2 bluefin

Scan2001.jpg

More interesting is how the v1 and v2 maps compare on my car

Scan1001.jpg

As I've already said the car drives beautifully and the power delivery is absolutely spot on. Nice and docile lower down the revs and goes like the clappers when you feel the need to push on. I also have to say that the service from all at Superchips has been superb from start to finish.

rich1068 said:
As I've already said the car drives beautifully and the power delivery is absolutely spot on. Nice and docile lower down the revs and goes like the clappers when you feel the need to push on. I also have to say that the service from all at Superchips has been superb from start to finish.

couldn't agree more, i emailed superchips to thank them for the excellent customer service they gave me

the new map has transformed my car over the old remap

£510 well spent thats for sure

might sound alot but its ****** worth every penny

if you are erm'ing and ar'ing about it then don't, just do it!

Would you say this remap beats any other remap then say Jabba, Angel Tuning or Chipped UK?
Would you advice them for a TDI remap?

I would advice them for the TDI remap, as I am really pleased.

emzino said:
Would you say this remap beats any other remap then say Jabba, Angel Tuning or Chipped UK?

No idea. I haven't tried anyone else for this car.

And try not to get hung up on the whole 'better', 'the best' thing. And remember that numbers aren't everything.

i see you finally gave way and got the car upgraded :)

good on you!

happy then? :)

Very happy Kenny :)

The list of mods I was never going to do just keeps getting longer though :(

Already got my eye on the next little job...

I am thrilled with mine now, 257bhp and 274lb/ft!!! So factory like in the way it drives.

I even test drove a new S3 at the weekend, taking quattro out of the equation, mine is so much smoother than the S3 and once moving is just as quick, if not a little quicker, being only 4bhp less than an S3, no Quattro to drag around and more torque.

Superchips's for sure gets my vote!!

Heres the exact Figures from my Superchips Rolling Road Printout

Actual Power at the Flywheel 257.5bhp @ 6015rpm
Actual Torque 274.6lb/ft @ 3260rpm

Ambient Temp 16oC
Intake Air Temp 48oC (Very good for standard intercooler)
Relative Humidity 66.4%

Pleased considering it is an otherwise standard car, but with the edition of a K&N panel filter.