Deal sweeteners

farmerpalmer

Reaction score
A friend is looking for a nearly used A1, and will most likely be purchased from an Audi dealer, and will be less than 1 year old.
As a second hand cash purchase, what deal sweeteners should they ask for from the dealer? e.g ££off, free service, floor mats, sat nav activation?
many thanks for sharing your experiences and what is successful.

I'd think free service is something they could help with and not bite into their profit.

Hi,

Cash in my opinion is not always the best way to buy a car as Audi usually offers a financial contribution and two free services on used cars and if not ask. I have done this when buying my last three A1’s and then within 14 days call Audi Finance and say I want to ‘withdraw’ from the finance deal - remember this is not to settle the finance. Doing this means you get the finance contribution, the free services and pay only around £30 in interest. What ever you do don’t say to the dealer that you plan to do this as they can get a bit funny. But it’s your legal right although some dealers say you must pay at least two payment but this is completely untrue. They want the bonus for selling finance! And of course avoid the usual hard sell of gap, paint protection and the like as these are just lining the salesperson pockets. Buy these from third party providers or ask for them free or to match the prices from the third party providers.

Good luck.

Reactions: JudderMan
Great advice ^^

Warranty Direct were good for mine, £168 for the year which at 67k miles and S tronic I've hears some horror stories so it's a paltry amount. My finance company wanted £350 for less cover.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk