Late 2012 A4 TDI-e Ultra 163 - same mechanically as 177?

SimonRX8

Reaction score
Hi, I have a later 2012 2.0 tdi-e ultra. It’s 163 bhp, and I believe it runs a detuned version of the 177 models map.

Can anyone confirm this? And if so, is the mapping the only difference between the two models? I have been considering a Revo remap but wasn’t sure if the 177 remap would be a straight install?

Any thoughts appreciated, as I’m paranoid. Will probably pop down to my local Revo dealer and get their thoughts but I thought I’d ask first as i won’t get a chance to pop to garage until the new year now (I say local but it’s 30 or so miles away)

Si

Hi, does anyone happen to know the answer to this one? I appreciate it’s a relatively rare model

Should anyone else be in a similar boat, it’s worth talking to your local mapping company.

In the new year I’m hoping to pop and see my local Revo supplier, get my ecu read and see if mine will take a suitable map. I don’t know a huge amount about remaps, but I believe a revo map is a fully tweakable piece of software (rather than a generic flash) by the technician so I’m hoping it will be doable.

Will update the post if I have any luck