help with retrofit full led headlights (2013-2015 years)

alexgsi

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have a audi a3 8v (2014) with xenon headlight and I want install full led.
Someone that has done the same job can help me with a tutorial?
Thanks!!

Sorry no tutorial exist - if i knew I would have done this.

Somehow tutorials like these are harder to find and more complicated than the older cars. So many variables to consider as compared to the old ones.

I know that someone has yet done this..
I need to know "only " 2 things:
- how I must modify the wiring
- the coding to use with vcds

Can I offer a bit of advice?

The advice would be, go and drive a car on the old style LED’s. I had one for a while, and those first gen LED’s are, in a word, garbage. The xenon’s are far superior.

Reactions: Rideen
Nothing wrong with oem Xenon.

Hi guys!
I have a audi a3 8v (2014) with xenon headlight and I want install full led.
Someone that has done the same job can help me with a tutorial?
Thanks!!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, has op managed to get the full Matrix LEDs working?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, has op managed to get the full Matrix LEDs working?
He was fitting the pre facelift single element LED’s. Matrix would be a very different proposition, and not just because of the additional hardware like the camera that would need to be coded, but also the need to fit a new front bumper to fit the matrix lights.

He was fitting the pre facelift single element LED’s. Matrix would be a very different proposition, and not just because of the additional hardware like the camera that would need to be coded, but also the need to fit a new front bumper to fit the matrix lights.

Thanks for the reply. Has it been done before? Im just in the process of ding a full facelift on my 8v including the matrix leds so very curious

PFL LEDs are worthless, FL Matrix tho is a riot... It has been done, but a pretty big deal.. You'll need FL front bumper and fixtures, matrix headlights, matrix module, new windshield and the camera... I might do this sometimes soon coz I could get crazy deal from my supplier, just matter of wanting to go through all the trouble or not...

PFL LEDs are worthless, FL Matrix tho is a riot... It has been done, but a pretty big deal.. You'll need FL front bumper and fixtures, matrix headlights, matrix module, new windshield and the camera... I might do this sometimes soon coz I could get crazy deal from my supplier, just matter of wanting to go through all the trouble or not...
Matrix can also work through the highbeam assist camera. So its not neccessary to replace the windshield.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Ive got everything, its all being fitted at the body shop as we speak. Ive bought the 8p adapters (just to try out) they have when they do the halogen to bixenons but that only turns the dipped beams on and nothing else works. Would you know how to wire it up? Thanks

Matrix can also work through the highbeam assist camera. So its not neccessary to replace the windshield.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Would this be coded in with the VCDS?

Yes and you need to parametrise the 55 or 4B module.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Thanks for that. the cars just in the bodyshop at the moment so i will definitely do this once i have it back. I just need the wiring sorted out now