Facelift Tuning box fitted

thought i would mention but if anyone wants a TMC tuning box i can get them at good prices
We have a site sponsor that sells these. You can sell yours online if you pay the same fees as our sponsors.

Sorry didn’t realise I was breaking the rules.

Thanks

Reactions: billymc92
We have a site sponsor that sells these. You can sell yours online if you pay the same fees as our sponsors.

So, who might this 'sponsor' be? For s/he is certainly not here saying/selling the same way as Ed-rx7 is ....

OK, now we - or I - know. But they are not here flying their flag and therefore my hat off to Ed in promoting his enterprise. If I were seduced by the product and wanted one, and I am not, then I know where I would place my business...with someone hungry enough to sell it!

Hi guys I’m new to this forum and waiting for a new RS3 saloon in March.
I have tried a tuning box on a different car which had good results but took it off due to the lack of knowledge of the map designer. I spoke to him on the phone and asked specific questions like what boost increase was associated with each point raise on their program and they had no idea. It was a 4 sensor plug system so I asked how they had compensated for the 3 additional sensors that the manufacturer had removed once their ecu/mapping had been completed. I was told that is a myth and no manufacturers do this. Reading the latest on the facelift Ali block APR development it shows there were several sensors removed and had been put back on for the R&D. I can’t see how the main tuners like APR, Revo etc. would bother spending months on expensive R&D if they could do some simple dyno checks after changes off a laptop.
Don’t get me wrong I like the idea of unplug and remove but I think with today’s technology anything is totally undetectable. If Audi found months of over boost figures logged and said you are not covered I doubt you could do anything about it.
If we get a company that can guarantee no detection after a flash to basic they will be onto a winner.

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Effectively bypassing the flash count and hiding a map is to all purposes impossible as engine variable data is not just held in the ECU but also in other modules where various checksum values will be stored and will give the game away under scrutiny.

Reactions: StuW13