running a full milltek without a remap

KillianKC

Reaction score
ok, so i'm slowly building up the hardware for a stage 2 remap, and recently managed to buy a milltek downpipe with sports cat. I have been running a cat back for some time without issue.
Can i safely run the full exhaust system without a remap. Or should i just keep gathering the bits and wait (i really want to fit it )

You can fit it but you might get an emissions light on the dash. The light is coded out when it is remapped. You should feel the car pull better with the less restrictive downpipe even before the remap.

Reactions: KillianKC
I ran mine with the milltek and a sports cat for a few months before I got the car fully ready for stage2+ and it ran if anything better than standard. Didn't even put the light on the dash.

Reactions: KillianKC
Thanks @KieranS3 and @prt57, I was afraid I was making some school boy error, so will hopefully have it all on in the next couple of days

I did the full Milltek and other hardware changes in advance of a custom remap. All worked fine with no warning lights. I found a noticeable difference after fitting the exhaust, the car breathed much more easily.

since it has the sports cat, you wont get the check engine light. Compared to using a decat one, which will get the light on the dashboard.
you'll be fine

Thanks guys, all in and fitted, no lights and sounds great

Reactions: fernando young and samuelh_888