Proud S1 Owner!

11ZEBBY

Reaction score
Hi guys! I became a proud S1 owner just over 2 months ago after months of searching for the right spec! It is only in the past week that I’ve been lurking lol and I figured it’s time that I sign up! I picked up a 64 plate approved used in Sepang Blue with 15K on the clock.

I had my mind set on a hot hatch and it was between the MK7 GTI PP or the Audi S1 and I can honestly say I have never made a better decision in my entire life considering I hadn’t even test drove the S1 but this was probably because I know how well an Audi drives and with it being an S model, I knew it wouldn’t let me down. I paid a £1000 deposit over the phone without seeing the vehicle (stupid I know but the risk paid off) as they didn’t have any pictures due to it being a new arrival and I just didn’t want to lose out on the spec (see spec below) as I had previously lost out on 3 other well spec’d S1’s! The dealer was 4 hours away from me too (I’m based in Manchester, UK). You can tell I followed my heart!

I would just like to say that it truly is a pocket rocket! Pulls like a train in every gear, not to mention the brilliant traction of the legendary Quattro which holds down the power really well. The shot of torque at low rpm is highly addictive! The car literally turns heads wherever I go with many people even complementing it.

Please see pictures below :)

85390C98 BB76 44FF B351 4EEAB52220BE
A134A34F B616 4A29 8E10 666B986EC23A
669E695F B33A 43E3 9845 43E12F1D3B92
A2168A58 05E8 4957 BD46 1E6FF4CE7F89
CE91ADF4 BFDB 4E19 BDD3 BF13ED507DDF
4C275477 E870 4DA8 8E83 680B30C997D9

(Keyring courtesy of the dealer and the fob cover I bought of amazon because I felt the key fob was too ordinary for such an extraordinary car lol)

The spec is as follows:
  • Exterior Quattro pack
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • Full leather with heated seats (sadly they’re not the SS seats but still good enough)
  • Comfort pack
  • Electric folding mirrors
  • Sat Nav
  • Front centre armrest (creaks like mad over potholes however, very convenient for storage and resting my arm lol)
  • Black styling pack (looks brilliant with the sepang blue but a shame Audi didn’t include the diffuser as part of this pack in the earlier models. Will definitely be getting this sprayed to match the black styling pack)
As you all can see from the pictures, I have installed Heko wind deflectors due to the wind noise being unbearable when I floor it with the window open lol. They have definitely made a difference! Also what tyres are everyone using? I’m very keen on Michelin PSS as the current Bridgestone Potenza S001’s don’t seem to be very good in the wet. I’m currently on about 3/4mm tread so will need to change these in the near future.

I have read up on many interesting threads regarding mods and so I will be installing the Revo air intake and Revo muffler delete very soon! I plan to eventually go for a Milltek exhaust, uprated intercooler, uprated clutch and then a Revo Stage 1 remap to top it off. Oh and maybe a slight drop in the ride height :)

Now what’s more interesting is that I seem to have bought another members S1 (Jifjay). This is the thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s1-needs-new-clutch.308975/ I recognised the plate on the car from the Audi cam link posted by Jifjay in the thread because when I received the aftercare welcome pack from Audi, that is the number plate that was on the document. I’m guessing they hadn’t updated their systems.

So far I’ve only had one problem with the car. Approximately 2 weeks after purchase, 1st and 2nd gear was sticking and eventually refused to go into gear. Had to call breakdown out and they recovered it to my local dealer. Turned out to be a simple gear linkage adjustment and all is fine now (I’m suspecting that this may well have been related to the clutch issue that Jifjay had?)

I am very curious as to what the end result was and would greatly appreciate it if Jifjay could let me know? The clutch seems to be in perfect working order (hope I don’t jinx it) so maybe a new one was fitted by the dealer?

Thanks for reading guys :)

Cheers

Zebby

Reactions: daytonamart, Raiden and SPIKE_
Hi zebby, it is a lovely car and I hope you enjoy it to the max :)

Reactions: 11ZEBBY
Hi @11ZEBBY congrats on the Car and glad you are liking it here on the forum. It is a nice looking motor you’ve got with all the right mods.

If you are planning on changing the clutch then I’d suggest you go straight Stage 2 rather than 1. Worth it in every aspect.

A colleague had work had exactly the same clutch problem like you mentioned on his 17 plate S1, he eventually ended up returning the car and getting a TTS. Too much of a hassle in his view. Glad you got it sorted and I am sure with the uprated clutch the issue will completely go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning S1 @11ZEBBY

Lovely list of options and set of perfectly by Sepang and BSP. I’m the same about the rear balance not being black and it is something I hope to paint in the very near future.

Enjoy!

Looks mint, have you got a link for that key fob cover? It looks wicked.

@Tas
Hi @11ZEBBY congrats on the Car and glad you are liking it here on the forum. It is a nice looking motor you’ve got with all the right mods.

If you are planning on changing the clutch then I’d suggest you go straight Stage 2 rather than 1. Worth it in every aspect.

A colleague had work had exactly the same clutch problem like you mentioned on his 17 plate S1, he eventually ended up returning the car and getting a TTS. Too much of a hassle in his view. Glad you got it sorted and I am sure with the uprated clutch the issue will completely go away.

Hi @Tashfeen thankyou very much! :)

You've got me thinking there hmmm, is it necessary to go for a downpipe and sports cat for stage 2? or will a cat back system be enough?

Reactions: V6_Man
Stunning S1 @11ZEBBY

Lovely list of options and set of perfectly by Sepang and BSP. I’m the same about the rear balance not being black and it is something I hope to paint in the very near future.

Enjoy!

Thankyou @SPIKE_S1 :)

I've just been to a VW/AUDI approved bodyshop who have quoted me £180+VAT to spray the diffuser. What's your thoughts on the price?

Looks mint, have you got a link for that key fob cover? It looks wicked.

Cheers Amazon product

You can get one for about £10 cheaper on ebay but I don't know if the quality would be exactly the same. Also, the cover closes the gap to put a keyring on and only slim rings will fit

I've just been to a VW/AUDI approved bodyshop who have quoted me £180+VAT to spray the diffuser. What's your thoughts on the price?
Seems a bit steep but it is a main dealer price! I would hope to pay £150 tops for a quality spray from an indepantant paint sprayer.

@Tas

Hi @Tashfeen thankyou very much! :)

You've got me thinking there hmmm, is it necessary to go for a downpipe and sports cat for stage 2? or will a cat back system be enough?

Even stage 1 makes it a little rocket, stage 2 is a different league altogether in this mini-hatch. From what I gather the stock exhaust is a bit restrictive. Revo recommend a High flow cat exhaust to get the maximum gains. I will check will the local dealer and see what they say/recommend and most importantly how much it costs.

Some info re: Stage 2, uprated clutch and other bits. Hope it helps.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/revo-s1-stage-2-software-release-details-348bhp-508nm.271280/

Seems a bit steep but it is a main dealer price! I would hope to pay £150 tops for a quality spray from an indepantant paint sprayer.

Yeah I thought that too, will get a couple more quotes before I go ahead with it

Even stage 1 makes it a little rocket, stage 2 is a different league altogether in this mini-hatch. From what I gather the stock exhaust is a bit restrictive. Revo recommend a High flow cat exhaust to get the maximum gains. I will check will the local dealer and see what they say/recommend and most importantly how much it costs.

Some info re: Stage 2, uprated clutch and other bits. Hope it helps.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/revo-s1-stage-2-software-release-details-348bhp-508nm.271280/

Thanks for that, very interesting read and i've decided that I will go straight to stage 2 when my warranty runs out :) Had some good news yesterday, seems like the clutch in my car was replaced afterall as I mentioned the previous owner was having problems with it. Got confirmation from Eastbourne Audi who originally supplied the vehicle

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks for that, very interesting read and i've decided that I will go straight to stage 2 when my warranty runs out :) Had some good news yesterday, seems like the clutch in my car was replaced afterall as I mentioned the previous owner was having problems with it. Got confirmation from Eastbourne Audi who originally supplied the vehicle
That’s excellent news Zebby. I see you settling into the forum, so you will see first hand that we are all friendly and helpful.

Nice car. Similar spec to mine so will keep an eye out for you!

Mines due it’s first service / oil change soon so I might mention gearchange when it goes in as I wasn’t sure if it was me or my imagination if you know what I mean...

That’s excellent news Zebby. I see you settling into the forum, so you will see first hand that we are all friendly and helpful.

Thank you for making me feel at home Sandra :)
Yes very friendly and helpful, wish I came across ASN earlier. Love how it’s a nice little community :)

Reactions: Sandra
Nice car. Similar spec to mine so will keep an eye out for you!

Mines due it’s first service / oil change soon so I might mention gearchange when it goes in as I wasn’t sure if it was me or my imagination if you know what I mean...

Thank you pal :) yeah it’s worth a mention, I got horned at so many times at traffic lights when mine wouldn’t go into gear lol. It wasn’t that bad at first but got worse because I ignored it

Hi - welcome to the forum, nice looking S1 and you seem to have some great plans for it. :)