There is a storm coming , well for some that is.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So with all the current news gumf going on about Hurricane Ophelia coming our way and the news reporting saying the UK is going to be hit by this nasty storm, also comparing with the 1987 storm, I personally think they have gone overkill again .
yes it is a big old storm now and yes will cause some big problems for some parts of the country , Ireland and Scotland , but the news report suggested the whole UK was going to get battered .
Based on this data it looks to be far from correct, Ireland looks set to get the brunt of it and Scotland the tail of the storm so still a nasty bit of weather, the rest of our fair nation will miss it.
I for one wont be expecting much more than a light breeze in sunny old Guildford tomorrow, well the norm really.
I hope that anyone in the path of the storm is prepared for any damage etc, and take care out there.
Stm1

Last edited:
Overkill, since Mr Fish cocked up they dare not get it wrong, the litigious society we live in means anything remotely bad will be over hyped, coupled with generation snowflake thinking two kids at school with a sniffle is an epidemic of biblical proportions and life will stop, everything has to be a major issue.

I live in the North, I’ll put my big coat in the car, just in case.

Reactions: MiniMental
I just heard on the news that schools and colleges in the Republic of Ireland, will be close tomorrow due to the risk the gusts pose.

I guess it's best to plan for the worst, and hope the storm isn't as bad as they fear?

yes, saw that aswell , it missed most of the UK though so could have been worse , did not get much more than a bit of wind here and weird orange sky for a few hours...
hopefully its moving away now from Ireland and Scotland.

yes, saw that aswell , it missed most of the UK though so could have been worse , did not get much more than a bit of wind here and weird orange sky for a few hours...
hopefully its moving away now from Ireland and Scotland.

The weird sky was due to sand from the Sahara. I’m in Scotland working, it’s windy but nothing out of the ordinary for here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
So we will all be getting sand residue and dust on our cars again.

Absolutely covered .

2017 10 16 202302

Haven't washed it for two months , result .

Reactions: Ghost, Sandra and Charlie Farley
Both my cars are filthy... absolutley filthy.... least I don’t need to go to Egypt now hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost, martin1984 and Phil-1
Well being the one of the few foolish enough to have flown to Dublin today I can tell you it’s hit pretty hard. Still, could be worse as I can’t leave the hotel so keeping the bar in business :)

Reactions: Ghost, Sandra and MiniMental
Little bit of dust on my car tonight. Nothing some snow foam won't shift.

Winds getting up. Gusting 50-60. Hopfully nothing blows into the car. Already had a few chips on the side from a inconsiderate neighbour this weekend. Will have to get them sorted but finding it hard to find someone who will touch them up and sand/polish them down

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Ghost and Phil-1
Pic of the sun yesterday

7qLtEjvl.jpg

Was sure damn weird !

Reactions: Ghost and Toonsoldier91