Wheels

Reaction score
Im looking to buy an a4 avant between an R to v reg ,first thing that will be changed is the wheels.I would like some avus style wheels if possible. i have been offered a set from an s3 but im sure ive read somwhere that they dont fit can some one confirm this for me and will the wheels off a porsche 993 fit as i have some 18" cup twists spare i think the rears will be too big at 10" wide but the fronts are an 8" so i could always get another pair of fronts ,will they fit straight on or do you need spacers etc ??

s3 alloys wont fit an a4 due to them having a pcd of 100 and the a4 has 112, although new shape a3s do have pcd 112 so they would fit

alan

Thanks for that ,good job i asked before i bought them,can you get an avus style wheel for the a4 ??

yes the s4 avus alloys are the same as the s3 ones ecept of course they will fit the a4

they have a slighty different offset to the a4 unless your a4 is the facelift model then they are the same, but they will fit either models.

the s4 alloys are 17X7 (or could be 7.5) pcd 112 offset 45 use 225/45/17 tyres

alan

Great thats what i needed to know, im still looking for a car which will be either an early tdi or a face lift petrol,im not fussed as long as its an avant and silver !! Ive got it all planned already,im after some avus wheels,s4 bumpers,hatch spolier/grille, get it lowered and then i will be happy. Just need to find a car now !!!

best of luck finding an s4 bumper lol, they do sometimes come on ebay but seem to fetch silly money usually, and if you have a facelift modle try to get the bumper of a facelift car, otherwise you will ahve to change all the mounts etc as they are different, not diffiuclt just means more money

there is a thread on here about fitting one as steves has just done it to his facelift car

alan

I thought the bumpers would be hard to come by,i may get a replica bumper and spend a bit of time on it as ive worked in several body shops and have an anything can be made to fit attitude !!! Can't make my mind up on wheels tho as i want the car to look like a standard s4 which is why i fancy the avus alloys but i quite like the look of the kahn rss wheels that are for sale on here(i have the exact same wheels on my renault) although i cant post on there yet. I want to spend as little as possible on wheels so im not to fussed about condtion as my other half just thinks they are curb magnets !!!

kahns are ok but if you want true audi looks has to be either avus , rs4s or rs6, i just think these look the best perosnally

alan

I think you are right,i will hold on for a set of avus alloys,shame about the s3 wheels as they were only £250 with tyres and were genuine audi as well.

shame also that i knew of someone who was selling some s4 avus, with mich pilot tyres and only went for £250 i think someone on here bought them of him after i posted a link to them, was only a week or ago

alan

No worrys ,im sure a set will turn up.Im in no rush as i dont have a car yet but im on the look out for parts just incase something turns up at a good price . Ive found some face lift headlamps but im not going to buy them just yet incase i get a later model car !!