AC compressor

Donfero

Reaction score
So lately i have been experiencing some lose of power, and hesitation when stoping. Did a full health scan yesterday and all is perfect, today my AC compressor gave away (RIP) and suddenly all the power is back! So the bad compressor was a big load on the engine causing it to lose power. Now the question is can these compressors be repaired or should i get a used one cause no way im paying a 1000$ for a new one from the dealer.

I don't know how is in US but you can find aftermarket a/c compresor equivalent of 400 dollars. Other things you should know are:1. before changing the compresor you need to make a deep cleaning of a/c system with Azot based substance. 2: the a/c compresor to be covered by ensurence, has to be changed also the dryer and expansion valve. In Europe all this things cost about 700 dollars (not dealer) but job well done. Wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

I don't know how is in US but you can find aftermarket a/c compresor equivalent of 400 dollars. Other things you should know are:1. before changing the compresor you need to make a deep cleaning of a/c system with Azot based substance. 2: the a/c compresor to be covered by ensurence, has to be changed also the dryer and expansion valve. In Europe all this things cost about 700 dollars (not dealer) but job well done. Wish you all the best.

Thanks for the info, i dont live in the US, but ill be looking for aftermarket options. So i guess if I do the proper change as you explained the compressor should live longer?

Yes, that's corect. Don't buy the cheap one,yoi cand find also at around 250 euro but not worth trying it. Denso is around 400euro, dryer 50 euro, expansion valve 5 euro. Don't have idea about the cleaning part because depends from garage to garage. Ps: bare in mind, clean system with old stuff not with new ones.