2.8 quattro suspension

205man

Reaction score
im going to have to change the rear shocks on my 99.5 2.8 quattro as one them appears to be starting to leak very slightly.

i have at the moment the standard 2.8 sports suspension kit fitted, but i dont want to go to the dealers as they will probably rob me blind

so what make/ spec etc should i fit i would obviously wnat to either match or improve the suspension setup , BUT i cant lower it due the fact i wouldnt be able to get on/off my drive etc

and i cant really afford to put coilovers on, unless someone knows where i can get them cheap

i have been looking at bilstein sports shocks, but they also list a grooved shock what is this? never heard of it before

alan

The grooved shocks allow you to drop or raise the ride height by mounting the spring plate in any one of 4 or 5 grooves. I understand them to be a very good shock for the cost

hmm sounds good idea, so i could raise or lower the height if i wanted to, and cheaper than coilovers.

what about normal style shocks/struts can anyone recommend and make/model

alan

It might be worth trying to source a set of OEM replacements from somewhere like Euro Car Parts, then have them fitted by an independent.

205man said:
fitting them isnt a problem, id do that myself, just looking for recommendations etc

alan

Euro Car Parts are quoting £101.72 (inc. VAT) per shock for a 2.8 Quattro, but are showing no stock at the moment.