NOT FAIR!

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
last time i drove a quattro in snow was about 10yrs ago in my audi 90q 20v. Now it looks as though we are getting some snow this week. finally a chance to go and try out the a4q - but guess what, the snow is coming on thursday right? well guess who gets on a plane at 3am thursday for portugal typical!!!!!!

Anyone wanna swap a A4 1.8t Sport FWD for a A4 2.8q or anything else with Quattro i get crap weather all the time where i stay!

I'm currently working my boss to agree I can work from home tomorrow if the snow kicks in

Try driving automatic vans in snow if you want fun! You go everywhere sideways and the rear wheels lock everytime you lift off the throttle...

...so what do you want to do cancell your holiday to drive in the snow? I dont get this thread

I keep reading this about the quatrro in snow I was crapping myself the other year driving in the snow with the quatrro, what am I doing wrong then as you lot have me lost

Im too busy looking at your avatar to worry about stopping

C_Audiboy said:
Just remember Quattro won't help you stop in the snow!

You're right.

Hitting walls and other cars is the most effective method of coming to a sudden halt in snow.

SWITCH OFF YOUR ESP IN SNOW!

this is what i was looking forward to trying you see, last quattros i had in snow had manual diff locks and you could turn abs off. i always thought my first 1985 80 quattro was really good in snow and i was looking forward to driving my 99' a4 to see if newer was better. i have a landrover with a tuned v8 + auto that i use for off road trialing, 3 of us took landys on a greenlaning trip to the peak district a few years ago and it mega snowed all day! one of the best days ive ever had in a car - 13hrs of really hard driving. so i love a bit of snow, just have to watch out for people who havent a clue, as said above its stopping thats the problem unless you have a landy, cause you just steer it into a ditch then reverse out and carry on!

lend it to me and i'll let you know how it handles in the snow.

A4Andy said:
You're right.

Hitting walls and other cars is the most effective method of coming to a sudden halt in snow.

SWITCH OFF YOUR ESP IN SNOW!

That saves me getting the hand book out