Dot 4 fluid

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

Just a quick question, how full is your dot 4 fluid tank?? Mines about half full just wanting to know if I need it topped up or not

And am I right in thinking the dot 4 tank is also the fluid for hydrolics for the gearbox?

Gearbox is notchy into 1 2 and reverse even when warm although not that bad all the time

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
It's the fluid reservoir for the brake & clutch fluid. (Mine is at the max, as my brakes aren't worn / no clutch issues). I'd keep an eye on it for any further drops, but wouldn't top it up. Or if you do remember to drain some out if you change any of your brake pads / discs.

It's the fluid reservoir for the brake & clutch fluid. (Mine is at the max, as my brakes aren't worn / no clutch issues). I'd keep an eye on it for any further drops, but wouldn't top it up. Or if you do remember to drain some out if you change any of your brake pads / discs.
Thanks. That might explain why it's lower as my pads look pritty worn down tbh. Gonna get new disc and pads all around soon and get the fluid changed at the same time as the cars 3 and a half years old

Reactions: richinsoton