STOLEN - Red A5

tonyrandl

Reaction score
Ive just come home from work to find my red Audi A5 2012 missing from the driveway Reg is DG12 XUA and I live in the Nuneaton area. Its Misano red with 20" alloys

If any one sees it, please contact me or the Police!

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it back. If you are on FB and haven't already posted there, that may be worth doing!

Did they break into the house and take the keys?

they appear to have broken the window and got away without the keys

wow, so I guess they used the obd to create another key or make it look like the key was in the car! Scum bags. At least you and your family are all OK.

This is happening too often, as soon as I get a delivery date for mine I'm booking it in for the Autowatch ghost system to be fitted.

Heard nothing at all so far this week. I'm not sure I will see it again

This sucks, I live close to the Harthsill area. Very unlikely to still be in the same area but shall keep my eyes open as there isn't many of these around locally.

Do you mind me asking which area it was taken from?

If it's under a year old am I right in thinking that the insurers tend to pay full invoice amount regardless of GAP cover (as opposed to less than market value for a write-off situation)? I'm sure I read that somewhere, only applies if the car was bought brand new? Might be worth checking

If it's under a year old am I right in thinking that the insurers tend to pay full invoice amount regardless of GAP cover (as opposed to less than market value for a write-off situation)? I'm sure I read that somewhere, only applies if the car was bought brand new? Might be worth checking
I looked at this when I ordered my S3. You have to read the small print on the insurance when they say they "Will replace the car in the first year" (if new). I contacted a couple of them after the small print said "If available in the UK", I asked what if the car wasn't available in the UK and had to be a factory ordered to meet the same spec as the car I have? They replied with "Then we revert to book price".

Hence why I used GAP from day 1.

Reactions: orcomma