Pirelli P Zero

Anyone experience wheel spinning on the Pirelli P Zeros when accelerating hard from standstill in DSG sport? This is under the current climate of 0-2 degrees Celsius! I'm beginning to lose faith in these tyres as someone has already mentioned they are complete, utter sh*te in winter conditions!

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Anyone experience wheel spinning on the Pirelli P Zeros when accelerating hard from standstill in DSG sport? This is under the current climate of 0-2 degrees Celsius! I'm beginning to lose faith in these tyres as someone has already mentioned they are complete, utter sh*te in winter conditions!
I've had traction kick in a few times but that was coming in and out from roundabouts giving it a bit of gogo.

Same here, the other day it had been raining all day combined with almost freezing temp and the wheels where just spinning from 1st to 2nd thought my haldex went bust again. But then again what do you expect on normal summer tyres in wintery conditions. Although I can get provoke the back end out in this conditions. Guess that’s a good thing at times.

So you want winter performance from a summer tire? Hmm.. okay..

I took my S3 to the highlands in November and, whilst I wasn’t ragging it everywhere I went I didn’t lose traction at any point during my 2000 mile trip. Think you need to be realistic about expectations from a summer tyre, if you want little/no spin in winter conditions then get winter tyres, simples.

Reactions: Shawn8V
just changed my conti sp5's on the front for pair of dunlop sport maxx. Nothing wrong with the conti's grip wise but they did seem a bit loud. the dunlop sport maxx are much better noise wise and grip really well. Would recommend.

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like I'm demanding/expecting a 'little too much 'from the P Zeros when it comes to performing in the winter. I thought my Haldex went too after the wheel spinning issues – will change tyres once the Pirelli's are worn! Edging towards the Michelin PS4s!

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like I'm demanding/expecting a 'little too much 'from the P Zeros when it comes to performing in the winter. I thought my Haldex went too after the wheel spinning issues – will change tyres once the Pirelli's are worn! Edging towards the Michelin PS4s!
I've had both of those plus eagle f1's , Michelin are the best for me.

Yep, the P Zeros do like to wheel spin from what ive found. I had PS4's on my old A5 and will be putting them on the S3 once i've eaten through the P-Zeros...I might even get rid sooner and see if my local tyre man will do a part ex on them as theyre pretty much new

P Zeros...The rim protection is great thats all folks !

Reactions: JDHOWELLS