s5 brake set up on b7?

kieran lloyd

Reaction score
hi guys I am needing discs and pads soon and have found a s5 set up for front and rear and wondered if it can be done.

if so what will I need?

Reactions: dubcool.pc
I can't see why not as when people on here have upgraded there callipers to much bigger ones you actually use s5 discs that's for the front. The rear you may have a problem as on the a5 there electric handbrake so don't know if this would affect you swapping the rears for the s5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have looked and people use s4 345mm discs for the s5 brakes because the hub bore?

every disc I've looked at have the same bore 66mm? no matter weather it's s4, s5 or b7?

if your looking to fit onto B7 the bore size needs to be 68mm so if they are smaller you'll need to get the discs turned out or if they are larger you will need a bushing , far better to get them turned out than fit bushes , I fitted ML discs that were 67mm , just had the bore enlarged by 1mm , job done.

I can't find normal b7 discs that are 57.1mm either though.why do they need to be 68mm

you wont, the bore size for the disc to fit on b7 is 68mm whereas the bore size for the wheel to fit onto is 57.1 the two are different, you need to be concerned with the diameter of the bore that the disc fits over , which on the B7 is 68mm....

This is why, the wheel sits on a boss that is 57.1mm in diameter , if you're swapping alloys to something else you may need spigot rings to act as a bush if they are larger on different alloys.
But, the discs are located on the hub by a different recess, this is a larger 68mm in diameter , the two are not connected , the disc fits onto the hub , and the wheel attaches to the hub but sits on a boss to centralise the wheel.
there you go.

okay great I was wondering if that was what it was. just can't work out why I have seen people say you need s4 discs rather than the s5 discs from a b8

heres what I mean , my rears but the same applies to fronts or rears.
top arrow is the 68mm recess for discs, side arrow is the 57.1 dia lip for alloys to centralise on.

Dia2

here is the data for S5 and B8 S4 discs, compare the two and you'll see the difference.

Disc4

I got standard brakes at moment have bought some s5 brakes with discs and want to work out of they will fit before attempting to fit. I changed brakes loads of times before but not upgraded to another model.

from what I see the s5 spec is the same as a b7. I can't see me having any problems

are the S5 calipers you have the same mounting specs for a retro straight fit then on your car...not all bigger calipers workout properly , brake lines, dust shield etc.

from what I have read yes. I have to use the s5 lines but are a bit too long for a b7 so eventually get different hoses.

okay think I have cleared this up the height of the discs on a s5 are 51/52mm while the b7 are 46.2/3 in height. so I d some brembo discs that I will put on