Help!

Benjammin69

Reaction score
Hi so I have a few things that are niggling away at me with my Audi a4 54 plate...

The rear drivers footwell was flooded but my mechanic cleared the scuttle tray near the battery but it doesn't seem to be drying out! Any ideas on how to dry this out quick?

Also I had the oil sensor light come up - my mechanic replaced the oil sensor rtf but light still comes up but doesn't show on ecu app?

Thirdly, since disconnecting the battery when I turn the engine on the convertible roof yellow light flashed 10 times? Again connected it to the ecu and nothing?

Finally - sometimes the abs and esp yellow lights come in when driving? Again nothing shows up on the ecu app so dont know how to fix this :-(

Any advice much appreciated guys

If it's a 1.8T & the oil pressure light is still coming on after replacing the oil pressure sensor is usually caused by a blocked oil pick up pipe, which is very common on VAG 1.8T's, & potentially catastrophic for the engine & turbo if left untreated.
ABS ESP light is often caused by a faulty brake pedal switch, again very common failure.
What are you using for diagnostics? I certainly wouldn't trust a generic code reader.
VCDS/Vagcom is the most trusted VAG software.

If it's a 1.8T & the oil pressure light is still coming on after replacing the oil pressure sensor is usually caused by a blocked oil pick up pipe, which is very common on VAG 1.8T's, & potentially catastrophic for the engine & turbo if left untreated.
ABS ESP light is often caused by a faulty brake pedal switch, again very common failure.
What are you using for diagnostics? I certainly wouldn't trust a generic code reader.
VCDS/Vagcom is the most trusted VAG software.

Hi thanks for your reply it is a 2.4 16v sport. The brake pedal switch do you know how I can replace that? Also the oil pressure light what can I do too sort the pick up pipe? Any luck on any of the other things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is oil pressure warning it will tell you to stop the engine, has it done this?

Re brake switch

Here's some info on your car as it most definitely isn't a 16 valve engine http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=249601

No sorry I meant v6 not 16v

No the it hasn't told me to switch off the engine just a yellow light that says oil sensor my mechanic changed it yesterday and aid it may need to flush through

No worries there then, I did wonder lol. If it still stays on I would check the connector and wiring sometimes they get damaged or bad connection.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Well as everone as covered the mechanic side the footwell being wet use cat litter should do the trick then use a vac at a petrol garage to hoover out mate

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Well as everone as covered the mechanic side the footwell being wet use cat litter should do the trick then use a vac at a petrol garage to hoover out mate

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

What an awesome
Idea!! Thank you that will hopefully
Dry it out! I'll get a fragranced version