N249 N112 Bypass

MikeCrum1996

Reaction score
i just watched a video on YouTube for n249 bypass for vw Jetta it's just confused the f**k out of me I've seen several ways of doing it.. but I still don't understand how, do I have t it off at the fpr to the DV and the nipple on inlet mani..I understand I have to remove most of the hoses under the metal bracket on inlet mani..

Could someone please clear things up?

I've figured it out now kind of, I need to run a vacuum from the dv, fpr to the inlet mani nipple where the fpr originally connected.. so I've got that figured out.. could someone tell me what these 3 pipes are? Whether I can remove them or not?

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,423
Unless A3's are totally different to S3s... no part of the N249 delete should involve the Fuel Pressure Regulator.

All you are doing is replacing the vacuum line from under the inlet manifold to go straight to the top of the DV - in doing this you will have the plastic tub and a jungle of pipes joined to each other and the electrically connected valve, You remove all the pipes from the valve and tie back the valve.

the thin blue pipe in the picture below.

Screenshot 2015 10 18 00 32 45

Unless A3's are totally different to S3s... no part of the N249 delete should involve the Fuel Pressure Regulator.

All you are doing is replacing the vacuum line from under the inlet manifold to go straight to the top of the DV - in doing this you will have the plastic tub and a jungle of pipes joined to each other and the electrically connected valve, You remove all the pipes from the valve and tie back the valve.

the thin blue pipe in the picture below.

View attachment 133081
So you're saying I've done it wrong? The car does feel much smoother and more responsive.. I've seen loads of threads of people tapping in to fpr although it's not recommended..

Why would you do something to ur car that you know is not recommended. Just seems a bit daft to me but its ur car so ur decision.
I've seen so many people do it and have no problems.. it does make a difference to throttle response so I thought why not

I'm no expert but I think the improvement is imagined - maybe there were leaks before, which you have eliminated.

The presence of N249 actually is supposed to make acceleration a little quicker between 1st and 2nd by keeping the turbo on boost between that gear change.

I'm no expert but I think the improvement is imagined - maybe there were leaks before, which you have eliminated.

The presence of N249 actually is supposed to make acceleration a little quicker between 1st and 2nd by keeping the turbo on boost between that gear change.
Maybe you're right, Maybe you're wrong but I've seen more positive rather than negative and unless the eml comes on I shall leave it for now but thank you for the input