Does anyone know these error codes?

EvilSnow

Reaction score
I'm getting the EPC light on and no power at all, intermittently

And sometimes when the car is at idle it'll almost stall and sometimes just die

I've even tried a previous map that didn't have this problem and it's still there

Any help is much appreciated
25c201254beec3c6fd1d7e4a8d4c989f.jpg
f0d645ec2037eafeb571f7869696458f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've been told to replace the TB and Maff sensor?

Try unplugging the MAF and drive about for a while... if the fault doesn't return then its most likely the MAF... changing the MAF is not a bad thing to do anyway if you don't know the last time it was changed

Could be the TB but normally there are other related codes...

I would go with the simplest route first

<tuffty/>

Try unplugging the MAF and drive about for a while... if the fault doesn't return then its most likely the MAF... changing the MAF is not a bad thing to do anyway if you don't know the last time it was changed

Could be the TB but normally there are other related codes...

I would go with the simplest route first

<tuffty/>
Reckon this could be the issue with cutting out and randomly causing EPC then bud?

Its a possible reason yes... I had this code once myself when the MAF sensor went faulty... engine would idle but not rev over 1000rpm or so... cycled the ignition and was fine for a bit before doing a throttle cut and throwing a fault code...

In my case it was the MAF... the context of the fault is that the ECU thinks it is seeing more airflow that it is programmed to deal with at any given point... this could be due to various reasons but typically should see other fault codes for specific components...

If you are only using light throttle the ECU knows how much air flow to create to meet that throttle torque request so opens the throttle plate etc to get enough airflow into the engine... if for some reason the airflow exceeds the target request and is deemed 'out of range' then the ECU will go into a protection mode and shut the throttle suddenly as it could lead to engine damage or worse cause an accident..

You have no direct influence over the throttle plate on these cars... you are essentially telling the ECU how much power you want and the ECU is trying to accommodate you as best it can...

Unplug the MAF and drive around normally... if the car no longer cuts out then the MAF is most likely the problem...

MAF's are service items in my experience... if you can get 20k miles out of them you are doing well... on mapped cars its even more critical

<tuffty/>

Its a possible reason yes... I had this code once myself when the MAF sensor went faulty... engine would idle but not rev over 1000rpm or so... cycled the ignition and was fine for a bit before doing a throttle cut and throwing a fault code...

In my case it was the MAF... the context of the fault is that the ECU thinks it is seeing more airflow that it is programmed to deal with at any given point... this could be due to various reasons but typically should see other fault codes for specific components...

If you are only using light throttle the ECU knows how much air flow to create to meet that throttle torque request so opens the throttle plate etc to get enough airflow into the engine... if for some reason the airflow exceeds the target request and is deemed 'out of range' then the ECU will go into a protection mode and shut the throttle suddenly as it could lead to engine damage or worse cause an accident..

You have no direct influence over the throttle plate on these cars... you are essentially telling the ECU how much power you want and the ECU is trying to accommodate you as best it can...

Unplug the MAF and drive around normally... if the car no longer cuts out then the MAF is most likely the problem...

MAF's are service items in my experience... if you can get 20k miles out of them you are doing well... on mapped cars its even more critical

<tuffty/>
Update For anyone who's having this issue

Drove to work today with the Maff unplugged and it seems to be driving and idling perfect lol, I'm gonna grab a bosche one today and see if that cures it hopefully it does