correct battery for 2.0tfsi quattro special ed.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really peeps, what is the correct battery spec for the above variant....any good ones to look out for for as I need one .

Stick your reg number in Halfrauds battery search section & it should bring up the correct one

Reactions: DieselJake
tried that and got 5 different options, also the same with ecp , it would be nice if they just gave one battery choice , the best one for my specific variant.

at the moment the one fitted doesn't even appear to be even close to any of the ones listed as the correct ones, I may just have to go with an 80Ah one and be done with it.

I forget what i changed mine to when i replaced it but it was alot more heavy duty than the previous & never had any issues Rob

there are four possible battery options for my old bus ,
61Ah /330A
72Ah / 380A
80Ah / 380A
95Ah / 450A

but since the one fitted at the moment doesn't match any of those trying to workout which one is the actual one that would have been fitted is becoming a tad difficult.
I think best bet now would be to go with a 80Ah/380A as its middle of the road , just checked ECP and they do one with the same spec as the 80Ah battery listed by audi for £90 ish pounds and with this weekends 35% off that's down to £59.00, I 'll give it a go and see what happens.

Take off the battery cover and look at what the car currently has... the amp hours don't have anything to do with what will/won't go, just choose highest AH for maximum battery life or choose lowest AH for maximum weight savings.

Stock battery is 72ah if I remember correctly but my car currently has this 80ah battery https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/product/bosch-110/ may be swapping to something lighter soon as I like to live life dangerously haha keep the same width to save fitment issues.

Just to be elaborate I haven't actually ever bought anything from that site as I agree it is a bit overpriced but it's a good reference point for battery specs.

Reactions: carlcall
thanks chaps, now I've changed a fair few batteries over the years on many cars ,vans bikes and tractors but the B7 retention method has to be the most awkward to date, surely someone in the design dept could have come up with a more user friendly setup than what it has ....

Takes about 5-6 minutes in all to do it.....after you've already done it once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly carl, after you've done it once.....I rekon 5 mins next time....but then hopefully that wont apply....