Glovebox Hinge Fix

Greenie

Reaction score
I've recently bought a 2010 A3, but it has a snapped glovebox hinge.

I've seen some 'repair kits' online, but they only seem to state 'up to 2008'.

Am I wrong to assume that the gloveboxes will be the same on a 2010 A3, and that the replacement repair kits should work fine?

Also, where do you recommend getting them from apart from eBay as they all seem to be from Hong Kong!

Many thanks

I repaired the soft close on mine with superglue....broke again the first time I closed the glovebox :sob:
The hydraulic ram is sooooo strong in that mechanism!
Good luck with the fix.

Repaired it welding plastic (need the soldering iron and plastic zip ties) and 30 minutes to do it. I think I've done it at April/May and till now working perfectly.
img_20170408_152609767-jpg.121996

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood and mr_pepps
P.S. if needed I can do a little guide about how to.

@Marek196c Hi, yes please do a little more of a write-up on what you did. I'd like to know a bit more about how you 'plastic soldered' the hinge. And is the hydraulic ram in your pretty firm or is mine just out of use? I'd love to have that soft motion working again on my car.

It's hard because of "slow opening" amd it need to be like that, I just lubed it a bit so wouldn't be so sticky (but be careful as is switch -> electricity conductor) Ok so in few days from now will try to do a write up with photos.

for you guys.

Attachments

• glovebox repair.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 659