Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Hi

I'm new to the forum and will have my very first Audi this year. I've ordered the new RS3 saloon in mid July, and my Audi Dealer is telling me that estimated arrival date will be around late October.

Is he telling the truth?

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to the forum and will have my very first Audi this year. I've ordered the new RS3 saloon in mid July, and my Audi Dealer is telling me that estimated arrival date will be around late October.

Is he telling the truth?

Thanks

If you have your order number you can track on myaudi site and see at what stage of the process it is. If you haven't got your order number ask your dealer if he has an allocation you should have a number by now.

So, I have some photos
Cardiff Audi.....
A few are showing Catalunya at its worst (as far as being red goes)! The Saloon wheels look fab in person, wish I could have them on the Sportback.
The standard interior trims are cool, cheap in some aspects but different. It looks as if they have a thick clear plastic mould on top of the pattern, stands out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS-jay, akeithj, Keithd32 and 6 others
How many photos mate ! lol I'll pop in to bristol audi this week, check if there are any rs3's this side of the bridge.

How many photos mate ! lol I'll pop in to bristol audi this week, check if there are any rs3's this side of the bridge.

Apologies, did you want less? That's about half of what I took Tried to capture all angles, was down on my hands and knees taking it in pretty much!

Believe it or not, there is supposed to be a high spec (£54k) black RS in the showroom, I have pictures of it! Someone on Facebook claimed that it was theirs, but it's on show which is odd. I will post the photos in a few.

Not my photos, stolen from Facebook....

Reactions: Djs3saloon and BarryG79
Interesting that both red and black cars have the standard wheels. I was a bit unsure about them at first but like them now. The red car also seems to have a standard exhaust.

Interesting that both red and black cars have the standard wheels. I was a bit unsure about them at first but like them now. The red car also seems to have a standard exhaust.

The Saloon wheels are really nice, they aren't done justice until you see them in person.

Yes it has a standard exhaust, it is totally poverty spec!

Looks like the new wheels are wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tyres then.

Could have been better

I wonder if the Audi Sport logos on the wheels are going to be a pain in the **** for diamond wheel repairs.

Anyone know if these can be saved in the inevitable event that you're bound to kerb a wheel? Also does anyone know how much the Alloy wheel repair plan is with Audi?

Afaik they won't cover diamond cut wheels in that scheme.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Tx, I do recall a convo when I ordered the car that diamond wheels are now covered under the scheme and that some dealerships have bought the machines to carry out these repairs themselves (rather than outsourcing to 3rd party).

Considering its at least £100 for a diamond cut wheel repair minimum, probably £150 a wheel in the south of England and the insurance policy allows 8 repairs (Diamond wheels can only be repaired twice apparently) then I suspect the wheel insurance is going to be £4-500?

Anyone talked to their dealer about this yet?

Fyi I just had a diamond cut wheel properly repaired eg not Audi and it was £150.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leo-RS and AudiNutta

I think you will lose those with a repair which is gutting. Audi can barely get the damn paint on the right colour/smooth, letalone decals.

R02 is the code for Audi fitment.

You will note if you look close enough in your wheel pic the tyre is marked PZ4

R02 is the code for Audi fitment.

You will note if you look close enough in your wheel pic the tyre is marked PZ4

I can see the PZ4 now, is that not the same tread pattern as the original tyre? It looks very similar.

So out of the blue I am extremely close to signing on the dotted line for a FL RS3. Not wanting to go into the numbers, Audi have offered me a great price on mine to the point where switching is of minimal cost.

Anyway, my concerns are over the noise, which I think I can live with (it still sounds awesome), but also - and admittedly I'm being odd - the wheel arch gaps, especially at the front. They seem huge on all the pics I've seen, and the blocks have definitely been removed. Not being the type of person to mod a car the moment it reverses off the transporter, I'm finding this something that is bothering me.

Finally, thoughts on colour. I have Panther black with black pack currently. I absolutely love it but it's a pain to keep looking smart and my last car was also black. So I'm looking at either Floret Silver, Nardo, Daytona and dare I say, Ara Blue which looked smart in a forum members pic. All would be with black pack. Bear in mind I would be visiting clients in this car so it has to look reasonably sensible.

Thoughts welcome.

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
Spotted this on the weekend in London - not the best pics but Nardo Grey with the black pack looked beautiful in the flesh, actually has me tempted to go for one!

I must say though (may just be me) but compared to the S3 the arches didn't seem as obviously flared as compared to the PFL cars - I was admiring at a distance although.

Was also hoping he would give it some to hear the noise, but it was completely silent

Reactions: Djs3saloon and AudiNutta
Being used to the brake lights on the Golf R they look really small - minor thing I know, just some little differences where sometimes I think its not as nice (maybe as it could be)

Also is that the standard rear number plate marker on the back - is this on all cars? Is it easy to remove, was hoping to put on a smaller plate (still legal)

Wow I did not see that coming!!

Go Nardo and BSP. Seen one today and it is absolute perfection!!! Photos will be up soon.

You won't be disappointed, it looks great.

The new smell off of the warm engines is fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radman
Nardo Grey car, high specification! Saw it at around 12 today all wrapped up as below. Then when I returned at 4 to try and get it started, they were taking it in the showroom. A miserable sales rep left it in comfort just to spite me, but sounded alright getting up over the showroom ramp.

Apologies for all the photos, can't be a bad thing though?

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Splathead and ice_cube99
Audi seriously need to lower and widen the stance of them a bit though!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Audi seriously need to lower and widen the stance of them a bit though!

I think mine might end up being lowered, in some way that is warranty safe.. will have to see if Audi supply and fit anything.

I think mine might end up being lowered, in some way that is warranty safe.. will have to see if Audi supply and fit anything.
Remember, if you slap even a go faster stripe on the bonnet then your engine warranty is void!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Terminator x

By the time my fat **** is on the drivers seat, the car looks like an LA lowrider, wheel arch gaps gone

I've had an RS Q3 in Daytona for the last 14mths and I have to say it is a good colour and can still look clean even when a wash wouldn't go amiss

Reactions: Djs3saloon and D0C
What’s the difference in sound between the sports exhaust and normal exhaust? It is really noticeable? Surely it’s still going to be loud!?

Basically I’m wondering if Audi are charging £1k just for the exhaust to be black instead of chrome...

Reactions: dunes7

On the PFL I don't think the difference was huge.. with the FL there is a really big difference! You need a sports exhaust 110%.

Sports:

Standard:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…