EGR Fault code advise needed

strayrex

Reaction score
Hi
I am having issues lately with the EGR valve and fault codes my Audi is a 2010 2.0TDI 140bhp
The fault codes that I get are

4891-P0403-EGR Valve (N18)-Malfunction open circuit

4892-P0403-EGR Valve (N18)-Electrical fault in circuit

These codes came up a few months back so I had the EGR valve cleaned which did not solve the issue so i had it replaced as i was advised that the electrical fault may be due to the solenoid valve on the EGR malfunctioning this seemed to cure it for a couple of months (1500miles)
However the fault codes have now returned
When i press the accelorator whilst driving there is a short dip in power as if the engine is starved of fuel momentarily this happens a few times then the glowplug light comes on and the car goes into limp mode this will happen on every journey now it will also happen whilst driving along the car dips and pulls a couple of times
Its booked into the garage to get the wiring loom looked at to try and find the electrical fault but failing that im not sure what to do with it possibly looking at getting an EGR delete kit fitted or a remap
By the way all this trouble has occurred since January when the car was recalled and had the new Audi emissions software installed which im starting to think is not a coincidence

Any help /advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Lee

"Open circuit" is fairly unambiguous and whilst I haven't had this particular fault in my Audi, when I've had it elsewhere, it has denoted something very definite like a "broken" circuit e.g. a broken/disconnected wire or the circuit inside the actual component broken/disconnected.

Had it checked out this week and there seems to be no sign of any broken wiring / damaged connectors all seems to be fine but the same fault code keeps occuring
Running out of ideas now so thinking of getting the software put back to how it was before the latest emmissions software was installed by Audi

Hi
I am having issues lately with the EGR valve and fault codes my Audi is a 2010 2.0TDI 140bhp
The fault codes that I get are

4891-P0403-EGR Valve (N18)-Malfunction open circuit

4892-P0403-EGR Valve (N18)-Electrical fault in circuit

These codes came up a few months back so I had the EGR valve cleaned which did not solve the issue so i had it replaced as i was advised that the electrical fault may be due to the solenoid valve on the EGR malfunctioning this seemed to cure it for a couple of months (1500miles)
However the fault codes have now returned
When i press the accelorator whilst driving there is a short dip in power as if the engine is starved of fuel momentarily this happens a few times then the glowplug light comes on and the car goes into limp mode this will happen on every journey now it will also happen whilst driving along the car dips and pulls a couple of times
Its booked into the garage to get the wiring loom looked at to try and find the electrical fault but failing that im not sure what to do with it possibly looking at getting an EGR delete kit fitted or a remap
By the way all this trouble has occurred since January when the car was recalled and had the new Audi emissions software installed which im starting to think is not a coincidence

Any help /advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Lee

I have just posted a thread last night about this.. Having exactly the same issues. mine is a 2010 audi a3 140bhp. I had the update done a few months back and now getting the same issue as you!!! Not sure if its related to the Audi update but get the impression that it may be the case if a few people are experiencing the same!

Please can you let me know how you got on? Is it fixed?

Hayden

Contact Audi uk they are now replacing parts associated with this under their goodwill gesture

Ah so make contact with them and tell them about the issues I am now faced with and they will sort it.. Free?

It may not be as simple as that but yes contact them and tell them about your issues and they will look at it on a case by case basis and if your issues are software update related then they will carry out any required repairs and cover the cost

Reactions: Haudi93
Cheers mate.. worth a shot.. I will look forward to their excuses no doubt.. :concern: