8P Key replacment

Not_Sean

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my key decided it was very dirty and jumped into the washing machine, I've dried it out and done a battery replacement but looks like it is dead.

Read up some broken articles on getting a new key, from what I've read it looks like I can grab a replacment off ebay with a circuit board and have someone with Vag-com link the two. Been able to drive the car perfectly just using the key to lock/unlock it just a bit of a pain.

Anyone here able to help ?

someone will most likely reply within the next 24 hours to say that have access to Vag-Com (I don't)... in the meantime you should state what area you're located in, someone could literally be a street away, ya never know!

someone will most likely reply within the next 24 hours to say that have access to Vag-Com (I don't)... in the meantime you should state what area you're located in, someone could literally be a street away, ya never know!

Thanks man, Unfortunately I'm in New Zealand and also in a bit out of the way part of NZ. For now just more so looking for info on if it is possible as everyone here (Service Centers Non Audi) say they have VAG-com but i'll have to send my car to Audi to get it done.

I'm sure they won't mind me using their systems to do it myself, so looking for info :)