Front seat options

Lee.S

Reaction score
Hi been wanting to change the front seats now for ages, i have the half leather with blue style and just dont like the look want all black really and want to save weight too. I gather golf mk4 seats are a straight bolt in job want something easy no drilling or chopping really what about seat cupra seats etc..

Thanks

Any recaro seats should fit even the mk5 platform or if you got deep enough pockets the wing backs in the fronts and the mk4 golf will fit in the rear but I think it might have to be from a 3 dr. What condition are your blue ones in pm me if you want to sell them on

Last edited:
Any recaro seats should fit even the mk5 platform or if you got deep enough pockets the wing backs in the fronts and the mk4 golf will fit in the rear but I think it might have to be from a 3 dr. What condition are your blue ones in pm me if you want to sell them on

Thanks you say any recaro seat? Or just like golf mk4/5 what are wing backs?
Can you not get like omp subframes for s3 for buckets

I doubt anything will fit 'straight' in... basics of a seat is it bolts to a subframe and the subframe is vehicle specific... for the most part a seat is a seat (bar airbags and stuff to a degree)...

Essentially if you can bolt the seat safely to the subframe then it will 'work' as a seat... getting electrics and airbags interfaced is a different challenge of course..

<tuffty/>

I doubt anything will fit 'straight' in... basics of a seat is it bolts to a subframe and the subframe is vehicle specific... for the most part a seat is a seat (bar airbags and stuff to a degree)...

Essentially if you can bolt the seat safely to the subframe then it will 'work' as a seat... getting electrics and airbags interfaced is a different challenge of course..

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty i know what your saying not fussed about electrics but obviously airbag is a must for mot purposes. If it come down to it sure i could get someone to weld in some bars etc for a subframe but rather adapt original one. Like to know how people got round airbag light and i dont mean by putting tape over dash light as this would fail mot obviously.

I think you can buy a airbag resistor that plugs in to the open socket that the seat wouldn, could be wrong

Thanks tuffty i know what your saying not fussed about electrics but obviously airbag is a must for mot purposes. If it come down to it sure i could get someone to weld in some bars etc for a subframe but rather adapt original one. Like to know how people got round airbag light and i dont mean by putting tape over dash light as this would fail mot obviously.

You need a resistor. 4.8ohms one. You just connect airbag wires to either side of the resistor. But you still need to clear the code! It's easy mate. Loads info about it all over the Web.

You need a resistor. 4.8ohms one. You just connect airbag wires to either side of the resistor. But you still need to clear the code! It's easy mate. Loads info about it all over the Web.

thanks mate. I noticed looking at your threads it appears you got the corbeau club sport seats which I gather come with all runners and side mounts that should bolt straight to oem subframe.

Ive got Corbeau Club sports.

Great info in this thread.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bucket-seats.244200/page-2

Seats 2
S3 seats

Thanks scotty awsome info.
After much debating think i am gonna try get hold of some golf mk4 recaros as i gather these are a straight bolt in option and am sure are lighter then the electric s3 recaros will also replace rear seats for less weight. Think what put me of with buckets is you really need to run harnesses and i really need rear seats adapting the seat belt buckle to bucket is just not safe enough in my eyes plus i dont have to worry about airbags with this method.
Thanks all

Reactions: scotty_24