Custom Coded S3

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
I've got back from having it done and its awesome & scary - license looser. I reckon its somewhere in region of 260bhp (225 S3) Came down the slip road onto the M1 and I was doing 120 easily as I hit the motorway, saying that it loves V-power, so I think eventually it will get better on fuel as I realise its costing me a fortune. The characteristics are different to Revo, its a lot smoother, to some extent it retains the oem feel but with more power if you see what I mean & hopefully the clutch will last. I had the TIP fitted along with Hyperboost DV and Green Panel filter, the sound is awesome, its got more torque lower down with less lag and the power thru the quattro is unbelivable when you give it some pasty!!

So far so good so watch this space & if anyone wants a test run in it - no problem but you can pay for fuel!!

Custom Code - JBS Autodesigns in Chesterfield, but I think they have agents around the UK.

Glad you like it. Now there are 2 of us with CC!

triggermyson said:
I'll be getting a CC map in the near future.

Ask me in a few months when closer to getting it and I'll be able to tell you more.

Did you not get a rr print out of power and torque?

No - didn't go for phase 2, phase 1 with about 260 bhp is plenty enough for me. For phase 2 I would have had to get an exhaust fitted which would have been extra cost and in my eyes not worth an extra £1000 (at the moment)

JBS are well known on the Golf scene, they've had their ups and downs like any tuner (cough AMD cough) but James the owner is a very committed enthusiast and is like a bulldog chewing a wasp when he gets his teeth into a problem - it hurts but he just wont let go lol.
I had my Kevlar clutch and a few other bits fitted by them and couldn't fault the service or workmanship one bit, I sat there watching them work all day and being an ex-mechanic I am very critical!